What Can I Do?

original

Hi.

i've got a twinshock fraser honda 305cc, its been sat around for ages and i've now got some money to do it up and start riding it.

can someone direct me to a website that tells me what i can and can't do to it to and still be able to complete in the normandale series?

all i can find is this -

CLASS B – Machines with Twinshock rear suspension as fitted at the time of manufacture

and fitted with drum brakes, not included in Class A.

i only have a bit of money so it wouldn't be anything major but i'd be gutted to arrive at a trail and not be allowed to ride.

thanks for any help

wayne

Good luick with the rebuild as said above not many Fraser Hondas about.

You may be better targeting the Sammy Miller series on a Fraser as the modern twin shocks rider the harder route in the Normadales

As said please post some pics - it may be my old bike which I wish I had never sold.And come and ride Bath Classic trials,you will be very welcome,as I'm sure you would be at any other classic/twinshock clubs. :thumbup:

Thing is, what would you want to do with it? A rare bike the Fraser, it would be a shame to do anything to it to spoil its original look and design. And whatever mods you do to it, it will never be as competitive as an 80s bike.

In standard trim, it would be a bit of a handful in some of the Normandale rounds but someone of your ability could hustle it though a lot of the sections and make a reasonable fist of it, but not the ideal choice of mount. Modifying it I believe, wouldn't make much of a difference, just spoil it. Barry Roads will give you a better idea of what to expect on that bike - I can imagine his face when you ask him... I rode a KT in some of them - it will do the job but obviously harder work than a modern t/s and the KT would be an easier ride than the Fraser..

Best option is to choose the events you ride it in. The Miller series woould be ideal as the sections would still present a challenge on that type of bike but none would be unmanageable. There are two down your way to the end of the season - North Berks and Perce Simon.

Then there are the club level classic events, as mentioned above.

I'd leave it as is, a nice piece of history and rare, just pick the right events to use it in.

• Like 2

Don't get me wrong if i pumped the tyres up you could ride it today no problem, i was left the bike when my dad died, between me and my mum we decided to sell the JCM and spend the money getting the fraser looking nice, as dad was in the process of doing.

i cant remember the fraser being that bad, a few of my mates have ridden it and they seemed to like it to. i rode a SWM that is suppose to be sorted and i absolutely hated it , the suspension on the front was really bad, i literally rode it for 60 seconds and gave it back, the fraser has lots of power and turns nicely.

the exhaust and the silencer need attention and also the suspension, the rear shocks have no damping at all, makes jumping the back round easy!!

the tyres are shot, its needs things like bars, grips, throttle, cables, etc.

my dad had the frame re chromed and the tank sprayed with new stickers applied, myself and andy blackman did manage to knock it over and scratch the tank in the garage a couple of years ago.

the engine looks dirty and could do with a shot blast and repaint and the wheels need a clean up. but internally it was sorted in exchange for replacing roof tiles.

wayne