Beta Zero....worth A Punt Or Total Money Pit?

iconic558

There is a Beta Zero (the Purple one!) close to me for sale, very clean from the looks of it, always had a soft spot for them.

.....are they worth a punt for a cheapie trials bike? Are parts a pain to find, and wasn't there talk of corroded mag' crank cases, leaking coolant and not being repairable, or was that just pub talk from people who'd never owned one?

cheers guys

There is a Beta Zero (the Purple one!) close to me for sale, very clean from the looks of it, always had a soft spot for them.

.....are they worth a punt for a cheapie trials bike? Are parts a pain to find, and wasn't there talk of corroded mag' crank cases, leaking coolant and not being repairable, or was that just pub talk from people who'd never owned one?

cheers guys

i use one for practice and friends without bikes trial it ,i converted to conventional forks and fitted fat bars and wide pegs ,its very robust and reliable sits in shed for months and always starts all you seem to ever need is service items ie pads tyres chain and bearings ,oh make sure clutch isnt slipping ,they can drag a bit aswell ,most parts can be found on that bay website

I always loved that bike, but had seen one corroded through. Pull the water pump cover off before purchase. The suspension front and rear was great for a bike from that time. There used to be some great video from jordi torres on that bike!!

cheers guys,

....I'm still trying to get my head around this corrosion issue...is it part of the actual two crankcase halves or something that be replaced like the Rev 3 clutch case? As I undestand it the Rev 3, if corroded has an inner clutch case that the waterpump is part of and that is replaced...if that makes sense, or am I wrong?

many thanks guys

tidy video!