Hot Legs

gasgasmonkey

:o At last !!!somebody does a decent heat shield to stop me burning my chicken legs. Got one for my gasser off shirty and one off YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE products for our kids sherco.They look really trick next to my patched up pants from previous grillings!!!!!

gasgasmonkey boy.....have you got the website address for YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE products cos i want a heat shield to stop by sparrow legs from frying on my sherco cooker

:o sounds like this is turning into a f.....g cooking programme !!

YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE products website address is www.YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE.co.uk or you can click onto the website logo on the front page of trials central.

Must go

Regards Chris P Bacon

HI, any body thinking of doing the scottish six days should get one of these exhaust gaurds fitted.no end of people burnt holes in their waterproof riding pants last year.one guy ended up with a mega blister from being scolded by the water boiling on his leg!,not a pretty site.little bits of tips like this up scottland are worth thier wieght in gold.also fitting a pair of their over size cams is worth it then you are not messing with the chain as i was when i run out of adjustment.make scottland as easy as you can.

also fitting a pair of their over size cams is worth it then you are not messing with the chain as i was when i run out of adjustment.make scottland as easy as you can.

This may be out of context, but...

I'm confused by the idea of oversized cams.

I can see it in the context of something like the SSDT, where the main concern is finishing...but not for general use.

If you think you need oversize cams, you probably need a new chain.

As the links get further apart from wear, they also machine down (ruin) your sprockets to fit.

Now, if one checks the chain at 3 o'clock on the rear sprocket, it still has some life left in it, and there is no adjustment left, then it's time for bigger cams...but I've never seen a wheel run out of adjustment befor the chain is finished.

Of course, Charlie your right. What the oversized cam do help is to allow you to change gearing easily and quickly. People just don't seem to get the chain stretch/wear thing sometimes :o

Hey Guys,

I'm on the other side of the pond, but thought someone might be interested in the header pipe heat shield I use on my bikes. Actually we use them on 3 GasGases, 3 Shercos, and a Montesa. They aren't really high tech, but they look pertty good, and keep you from burning your pants or your legs, and you can get them to fit just about any bike. The worst burn I ever saw was at a National on a gal riding a GG in shorts. Bike fell over on her and burned her clear through to the muscle. UGLY!

Simply take a piece of paper and make an outline of the curve of your bikes exhaust, or take the exhaust off and take it down to your local autoparts store and buy a radiator hose that has the same bend and similar diameter. Then cut it to length and split it up the backside and slide it over the pipe. Secure with a couple of industrial zip ties or a couple loops of stainless safety wire.

You can see the one I have on my GAS GAS in the link below.

http://utahtrials.org/salepics/321r.jpg

Looks pretty neat, and has been there since the bike was new in 99. It doesn't melt, even on long trail rides liked the Five Miles Of Hell here in Utah. It gets warm, but you can touch it and it won't sear your pants or your legs. It also provides some protection in a fall. I have a few scrapes on mine where it's contacted with the Utah Granite that would have scarred an unprotected pipe. In the states we can get a radiator hose for about $8.00. Just thought I pass it on incase anyone was interested. Cheers!

:o:D:D;)

Hey ridgrunr, over hear in europe we aint tight arses, we fit good quality products to our trials bikes. These aint Harley Davidsons !!!!!

Whats with the rubber gaiters on your fork legs and how long have you been into rubber? If you put any more rubber on your bike you will be able to bounce back up when you come off !

HI, any body thinking of doing the scottish six days should get one of these exhaust gaurds fitted.no end of people burnt holes in their waterproof riding pants last year.one guy ended up with a mega blister from being scolded by the water boiling on his leg!,not a pretty site.little bits of tips like this up scottland are worth thier wieght in gold.also fitting a pair of their over size cams is worth it then you are not messing with the chain as i was when i run out of adjustment.make scottland as easy as you can.

5 months left. Worth posting on the 'hints and tips' page.

(ssdt.org)

HRC

HI, one thing i forgot to add about these oversize cams is that you can also make your bike wheelbase a little longer.if you look closley at adam raga,s works gas gas, he also has some home made oversize cam adjusters fitted,i spotted these at sheffield on saturday.apparentley it helps with balance and makes the bike more stable.

HI,does any body know the website address for the YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE products?.

Front page and blatantly thrown about as plugs on these forums by the same one or two people. A practice that is going to see YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE pulled from the free advertising if it doesn't stop immediately.

PS - Any relation to Alan???