Spares For Tys125 F

parksi 125

Hiya there good folk ..

I have just recently bought a Scorpa tys 125 f which is road legal and registered.

Anyway I first used the bike on road and all was cool . But when pulling the front brake lever I feel it bouncing back in my hand . I went and washed the bike after a few off road sections around the area and spared WD 40 around the bike after I jet washed it . On the brakes as well , now when I went to pull away all was ok but stopping on the other hand was a problem :-) , the bouncing back of the lever disappeared I must say but the lack of brakes was no on the fore front of my mind , yesterday while riding the roads I heard like a slight grinding noise from the front of the bike , just normal road use , then today when I took it out it started to squeak likely every revolution , I took it to a local bike store and they said try new discs and pads , so where is the best place to order spares for the scorpa 125tys f 2004 model ? !

The front brake even when I bought the bike felt a little under powered and wanted this sorting , so I hope new discs and pads will sort this problem ,

I have no idea about stripping the bike down as this is my first bike ..

Any great tips or links would be great fully accepted ..

Thanks

Chris

Hiya Godzilla ..

Thanks for your reply .. Yeah I live up in Sunderland ! Where are you from ? . I will take on board what you said , I have seen the price of some discs and they look pretty expensive , will try the pads first , guess I need a destruction manual to find out how to go on with this thing ,

I must say on a positive note that I love this bike , the Yamaha eng has enough power to get me around and popping some nice moves .. Total novice at this sport but think its something that will stick ..

I bought the bike keenly as its road legal and I just passed my CBT training , I have had a few folk around town mention how nice the bike is and how rare to see 1 on the road ,

can not wait to be able to strip it down and give it a good clean ..

Certainly will try the carb break cleaner in the next couple days ,

I will try the GG pads as I guess you get what you pay for in this game ..

Thanks

I'm just down the road in Richmond. I had a TYS for a little while and loved it, great little bike, I regret selling mine. Birketts have the little 4T scorpas in stock now so hopefully there will be a few more knocking about.

I had one of the first TYS125s in the north east in 2004 - great bike. Brakes were fine so hopefully pads should see you ok. I've now got a TYS200F (one of the last bikes) and I've just had to rebuild the caliper with pistons and seals (probably because I let the pads wear too much before I changed them) so that may be a possibility to sort.

Great bikes tho - some people may criticise but I've rode loads of trials on them and found them a great bike. A week or so ago at a trial a bike dealer offered me

Well in agreement. Got one of the last of the 200s,the one with the black rims and the rounded sumpguard.

Also got a couple of 175s.

Trialled week in and out,truly superb quality machines.

I set out trials up here so they get well used,best made bikes I,ve ever owned.

Dont think there's any other genuine 200s up here,

Loads of older ones though.

Hiya fella's ..

Yeah you read right.. I sprayed WD 40 on the break discs as I had a squeak running through the front wheel . Sprayed it on after I jet washed the bike.

Knowing I best dry the disc and pads I thought 2 mins drive with some good breaking would dry the pads , like when I wash my car's alloys , discs and so on.. I certainly very quickly noted this was not going to be the case as I tried to break heading round a round about ... Well I nearly **** a brick and thought best stop soon .. If possible :-) ..

Anyway I sprayed some brake cleaner on tonight and rubbed the discs down with the same mix ..

I intent on getting both sets of pads changed by early next week from a local bike shop ... I have no idea ATM how to go on with this thing , but over the next couple month I will do some research and crack this baby ...

So far I love the bike , so clean looking and think it will be a great hobby that I will love , I was going to buy a Rieju Tango 125cc for 2200

Have a look on the events. In the north east there are loads of trials. I'm in chester-le-street and every weekend there is a trial within an hour. At this time of year, you can do trials wednesday nights, saturday or Sunday !

Come along to any on the events calendar on trials central and have a look.

Cheers

John