How Can I Make The Clutch Lighter On Rev-3

dazzagreener

Hello iv just gone from a 2002 sherco 250 to a 2004 rev-3 250 and im finding im getting really bad finger cramp after a while making me loose control of the bike. i could ride my sherco all day without a problem.

the only differance from the sherco to the beta that i can see is the sherco had short levers on and in my eyes i think that would of made it worse.

iv got smallish hands do you think its better with the short levers as the stroke my be less which would make it easier to ride

can anyone give me any advice on how to make it lighter.

cheers

Darreb

Have you greased the lever pivot and adjusted it correctly for your hand span? Is it the same angle as the Sherco? If it angled down or up from where your used to you will get an effect.

I'd also take the opportunity to bleed the clutch and change your oil. Once all this is done ride it for a month before ripping it all to bits and changing things that might not need it.

You need time to adjust to it as well.

I did the clutch mod to my 290 and added 3mm thick Army navy washers under each spring bolt to reduce preload on the spring. Very easy one finger clutch pull now. You will have to grind down the cross hatch inside the clutch cover or the bolts will rub the cover. I did this mod about 2 years ago. Still no clutch slipping..

Edited by liviob

I found them at the local ace hardware store. They are washers that fit under a allen head bolt. They are the same diameter as the allen bolt head and look more like a spacer than a washer. The fella at the store said that they were called army/navy washers. I told a machinest friend who rides a beta about them by name and he recognized them by name.

Edited by liviob

Your Welcome. I installed 2mm thick flat washers under the clutch springs of my rev3 250. I didnt have to grind down the cross hatch, but the lever pull is not as light as using the 3mm A/N washers. I will be changing them out soon. I have ridden the 2012 evos and the lever pull is almost as light as the 3mm washer feel.

Edited by liviob