Thick Grips

kbtrials

Hi,

Im looking for a bit thicker grips than the std trials grip size - any recommendations for this? (I'm aware that Mx and enduro grips are thicker but I'm looking for a more trials like grip but only thicker)

Many thanks

K.

I like thick grips too, I use two sorts

Pro Grip 737 are probably the thickest comfiest and grippiest but they are soft and are easily torn.

The Supabike grips are also thick but they are a harder compound and last longer, available in loads of colours and 2 lengths but you have to use separate bar end plugs as the ones you get in the pack don't fit Renthal bars

why do you want thicker grips ?

does it reduce arm pump or something?

i get it terrible, i think its cos i got massive hands.

No, no secret tricks or something. I just have ridicilously big hands so when riding with the std size grips i struggle to have a relaxed grip on the tiny diameter provided by std grips.

(at 190cm in length, size 47 in shoes and Xxl hands it's quite obvious for me that these bikes are designed for spaniards and Italians at half my size ;) )

Thanks again for all replies, Domino's on order for testing ;)

K.

Hi. How odd. I have XXXL hands and hate large grips. They did nothing for ability to grip the bike and, infact, because they were larger I had to grip harder to stop hands slipping off.

I guess it's a matter of taste then. For me I get no power when holding onto something thin and need to squeeze my hand together constantly. Much more relaxed feeling and firmer grip when holding onto a bar slightly thicker, same goes for working out in the gym - reduces pump and gives me a stronger grip. interesting that the experience is so different though.

It's just not the same for everyone, I have big hands but long fingers

I get cramps in my knuckles from small diameter grips, always have and it doesn't matter how sticky or soft they are

Larger grip, comfy hands

"For me I get no power when holding onto something thin and need to squeeze my hand together constantly. "

So how do you manage to pee? Do you get both hands wet? :hyper:

Edited by billyt