Eventfull Day!

sparky8181

So today I have collected my new bike, a 2006 Beta Rev-3 270 and this is how it went...

I have never ridden a motorbike of any sort so when the fella who was selling it said here have a go, I explained this to him but me being me thought, what the hell, how hard can it be?

So under his not so carefull instruction I hopped on, put it into gear, gave it some revs, let out the clutch................flipped onto back wheel then BANG, stacked it straight into the side of the fellas van :o

As you can imagine I was ****ting myself and the falla just stood there with a 'what the **** just happened' look on his face

So after many appologies and me calming down I adventually bought the bike (I thought it would be rude not to)

On a positive note I think my trials days can only get better from here on :)

They will :hyper:

You may think you have made a mistake in buying a trails bike - but you haven't.

Just take things a day at a time, and persevere.

And remember... Tony Bou couldn't ride a bike at one time... :rotfl:

put it into gear, gave it some revs, let out the clutch................flipped onto back wheel - BANG

That's nothing to be ashamed about..

stacked it straight into the side of the fellas van :o

Awwwwwwwkwaaaaard!

So after many appologies and me calming down I adventually bought the bike (I thought it would be rude not to)

You calming down? You killed his van!

Sure as hell can't get any worse!

Pmsl!!!!

Sorry, it's hard to sympathise When I'm laughing so much.

Don't buy a rocking horse chap, with your luck it'll die on you!

• Like 1

Just remember that clutch lever is not only a "go" tool , it is a "stop" tool !!!! Same for both index fingers actually, let them relax, you will go, pull them you will stop! The clutch is the bailout tool, reguardless of what the throttle is doing, drill it into your head and you will be OK!

• Like 1

Remember that a trialer is very different to MX and RR bikes. It is all about torque and technique/balance. The balance bit is a biggie and it will take time to get it.

Try pulling away in third gear (two up from neutral) as it will be calmer! 1st is not often used for general mucking about but some use second a fair bit. You want to master riding at tickover and the clutch lever fully out. This will help a lot .

• Like 1