Help For Trial And Trail Riding

gasgas23

I absolutely agree. That is what i want to do and also what i find the most fun stuff to ride.

i have changed mine to try and make it a bit better but without custom made gearing, its never going to be a long distance bike.

I may have explained myself a bit badly. when i said im going to go trail riding, i didnt mean 8 hours down a flat fire road, i ment more single trail, hilly and technical trails. Not covering much distance but alot of riding in a short space.

The bike will go in the van to the place to ride, and will be loaded back up to go somewhere else.

i find you can have so much fun on just a small area with say, a dirt bank, a few tree roots and a shovel.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely agree. That is what i want to do and also what i find the most fun stuff to ride.

i have changed mine to try and make it a bit better but without custom made gearing, its never going to be a long distance bike.

I may have explained myself a bit badly. when i said im going to go trail riding, i didnt mean 8 hours down a flat fire road, i ment more single trail, hilly and technical trails. Not covering much distance but alot of riding in a short space.

The bike will go in the van to the place to ride, and will be loaded back up to go somewhere else.

i find you can have so much fun on just a small area with say, a dirt bank, a few tree roots and a shovel.

That's exactly what a group of us do up over the peaks in the lake district it's great fun!

If we wanna mess around in the old quarry's we can do quite happily for hours but it's also great fun to get up the mountain trails which always throw up a bit of everything. From slow steep tech stuff to flat out bursts it's definitely the best of both worlds! (Coming from a mainly MX background).

That's exactly what a group of us do up over the peaks in the lake district it's great fun!

If we wanna mess around in the old quarry's we can do quite happily for hours but it's also great fun to get up the mountain trails which always throw up a bit of everything. From slow steep tech stuff to flat out bursts it's definitely the best of both worlds! (Coming from a mainly MX background).

Ha, wish i had a group of people like you down here to ride with!!

How do you find your bike is holding up to the riding you do?? Mainly the suspension? over small jumps etc..

Absolutely fine can't fault it. Were all in the same boat too all just running on stock setup.... The only thing we tend to do sometimes is add a little more tyre pressure front and rear, just so it's not so 'squirmy/squishy' on the faster trail bits. Ok it makes it a little different when we do hit a tech bit but then it's just a case of let a bit out again if we stay in one place for a play around.

Yeah about that 10-12ish like I say just so it's not as squirmy on the quicker bits. Enough flex for some grip but not too hard so as to wheel spin in every muddy puddle you touch haha The only real issue any of us have is fuel!!!

I've been trying to find a fuel bladder but all I can seem to find is huge ones. I figure a fuel bladder in a rucksack would be far better and easier than a chunky jerry can!

Yer thats true, still wouldnt get far! For me its a bit easyier as i drive the van to where i want to ride and dont stray too far from it and have a jerry can in it. But for longer or more remote riding it will be tricky. Or take a few of those canisters in the back pack and take it off to session a place, then throw it back on to move on.

Wouldnt want to fall off and land on a backpack full of them though!