Help For Trial And Trail Riding

gasgas23

I've seen an auxiliary fuel tank that mounts where a front number plate would be.

A "long-ride" seat that held fuel would make a trials bike the perfect trail bike!

Beta make a tank seat for their bikes but its something like $500!!

I like the number plate aux tank but to be honest i wouldnt want to attach the fuel lines ect in case of a crash and would rather stick the container in my back pack.

Do anyone know if an old plastic gear or pre mix oil container would melt with petrol in it??

Beta make a tank seat for their bikes but its something like $500!!

I like the number plate aux tank but to be honest i wouldnt want to attach the fuel lines ect in case of a crash and would rather stick the container in my back pack.

Do anyone know if an old plastic gear or pre mix oil container would melt with petrol in it??

Not sure just pour some in and leave it a few days... Soon find out :popcorn:

Hmmmm good point! Although I'm not totally convinced that shaking it about causes pressure. (Feel free to correct me anyone) As far as I'm aware it's heat that causes the pressure to build up from the gasses it releases.... I could be wrong there though!

Hmmmm good point! Although I'm not totally convinced that shaking it about causes pressure. (Feel free to correct me anyone) As far as I'm aware it's heat that causes the pressure to build up from the gasses it releases.... I could be wrong there though!

Oh, yer your correct about the heat.

ill shake the container aswell!!

"I may have explained myself a bit badly. when i said im going to go trail riding, i didnt mean 8 hours down a flat fire road, i ment more single trail, hilly and technical trails. Not covering much distance but a lot of riding in a short space."

All you're doing is replicating a lap or two of between section going in a "proper" trial. Just ride the thing as it is and you'll be OK.

All you're doing is replicating a lap or two of between section going in a "proper" trial. Just ride the thing as it is and you'll be OK.

Yes i am doing that but i will be jumping the bike lots, doubles, step ups and drop offs. Not very big but will be using it for that.