Beta Evo Sprocket Teeth

skyline1

Hi All

New starter with second hand bike!

I am planning on changing my Rear sprocket to a red one to follow on with the colour of my bike. I do not have my rear wheel at the moment so I can not count the teeth. What is the standard set up for the amount of teeth on the front & rear sprockets please ( how many on each sprocket) & what would be the benefit to change the teeth pattern?

You don't say whether it is 2t or 4t or what capacity, so assuming it is a 2 stroke 250, 290 or 300, the front sprocket would be 11 teeth and the rear 41. If it is a 200, it would be 11,42. The sprocket size is chosen to get the best performance in all gears, some people do change, but I'd stick with standard until you get used to it!

I can't remember where I got this from but I heard " you should never have an odd number front and odd number rear sprocket or both ends even numbered. They need to be odd and even on the same bike. You need to have an odd front and even rear or vice versa. This helps how the chain meshes with the sprockets".

I have no idea where it's from or if it is true. Could be worth a Google though?