Gas Gas Vs Beta

cmichigan

We have ridden and been supported by both brands. My two cents worth.... I find the Beta the easiest bike to ride. It tracks very well and grips better than any other bike ( good for that Mi mud) The GG may be a bit lighter. Things I find better on the Beta, 1- transmission, 2- clutch, 3- suspension ( although have not ridden a GG with the Reiger shock, I hear its good. Not a fan of Marzochhi forks), and finally build quality!

The best thing I can say is ride both of them to make up your own mind. Everyone has a different opinion!

Steve

We have ridden and been supported by both brands. My two cents worth.... I find the Beta the easiest bike to ride. It tracks very well and grips better than any other bike ( good for that Mi mud) The GG may be a bit lighter. Things I find better on the Beta, 1- transmission, 2- clutch, 3- suspension ( although have not ridden a GG with the Reiger shock, I hear its good. Not a fan of Marzochhi forks), and finally build quality!

The best thing I can say is ride both of them to make up your own mind. Everyone has a different opinion!

Steve

Like htrdoug and Steve say, try them all. Each bike has a little bit different personality and one will just "feel right". They are all good bikes and will work well for you, but the ergonomics differ enough that choosing one will be a personal decision in the end.

Jon

Try a Jotagas as well.Ive ridden mine about 8 times with practicing . I love it and wouldnt go back.Its not given me any problems at all. A few mates have ridden mine and recon the engine is softer than the Beta. The bike is so light and the suspension is really springy and helps trick riding.The build quality is very high and everyone that sees it is well impressed.It steers better than any other bike ive had, just cuts a good line on cambers. The company produce tiny numbers of these, but with a top rider i recon they would better the other companies sales.

Would love to ride a Jotagas but I don't have access to one and I hate to buy one since they are so new on the market (unproven). I have spent some time on a Beta 300 (2012) and I like it but..... nearly impossible to find neutral with the engine running, clutch is really different from the Gasser and I have some concernes about being a test case for a brand new frame. The power delivery on the Beta is way different too. Softer off the bottom which might help in the mud, not so much when I am dumb and get too close to a BIG log and need the pop NOW. Love how short the Beta turns, they say the newer (12+) Gassers turn some shorter as well.

Steve, tell me what you like better about the Beta clutch.

Shercos are nice but it seems like there are some reliability ussues that I'm not sure I want to deal with and frankly the new yellow frame is butt ugly IMHO.

Thanks for the input,

Craig