Pol Tarr

NAD1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is true, which it appears as I seen him on Sherco garb on Farcebook, I think this is good.

I think Pol has a lot of potential! A big boy, with the stance of Dougie on the bike!

The bike is keen, and so the rider! Kick some Butt!

Hes a professional who thinks about winning and doing well above everything else.

Good luck Pol.

Speaking to Joan Friexas earlier they have no other rider immediately lined up but are talking to some.

At the mo the company is distributing all it can make.

Getting some top rider wont help them with production.They do want to increase but supply chains arnt perfect. Its a constant battle. Im sure

Its better to be too small than too big, as Bultaco proved

Hes a professional who thinks about winning and doing well above everything else.

Good luck Pol.

Speaking to Joan Friexas earlier they have no other rider immediately lined up but are talking to some.

At the mo the company is distributing all it can make.

Getting some top rider wont help them with production.They do want to increase but supply chains arnt perfect. Its a constant battle. Im sure

Its better to be too small than too big, as Bultaco proved

Bultaco proved what exactly?

Bultaco proved what exactly?

Dabs ,

Im surprised you dont know the history of Bultacos last years and days. They are very very interesting.

Now i dont have my own business but knowing what i know of the World id guess there are huge lessons to be learnt from Bultaco and the years and months preceding the collapse.

Simply putting it it wasnt just the Spanish goverment stopping export credits and not just the death of Franco that caused Bultacos problems. The company was built to way big and had a very poor ratio of workers to motorcycles produced. When business went bad the bills were too big each month. The strikers just waded around in the problem already created.

I would correct myself and should have said its best to have a reasonable amount of staff.

So "It is better to be too small than too big as Bultaco proved". Being to small no doubt can cause a whole range of problems as well no doubt :)

My sources for the above are impeccable and were top men there at the factory as it happened.

I hope this helps.

Not at all and shows your lack of insight into the real reasons why the factory got into trouble, remember they were world champions 3 years running till 79? unemployment in the 80's in Spain was not disimilar to current levels of 20 odd percent and this was due in the main to the stringent labour laws more than any mismanagement of Bultaco, and there inability to downsize.Strikes were due in the main to lack of cash flow caused by too high costs and the inability to make workers redundant.

Dabs , your tripping yourself up

You say -

"this was due in the main to the stringent labour laws more than any mismanagement of Bultaco, and there inability to downsize.Strikes were due in the main to lack of cash flow caused by too high costs and the inability to make workers redundant"

Bultaco knew the laws ,they knew the stringent labour conditions.............. but still they hired.

It was mismanagement. If you know the laws and tie yourself up with to many job for life workers ....then you've mismanaged

The Bulto family readily admit they made huge mistakes is hiring too many people.

The family knew they were hiring too many but management kept hiring and the family didnt put their foot down and say stop

How is hiring too many people on a job for life not mismanagement ? .

You also say "Strikes were due in the main to lack of cash flow caused by too high costs and the inability to make workers redundant."

Yes , we agree -

You would run out of cash with 150+ too many employees , and inability to make them redundant.

I spoke with Ignacio and other senior workers for several hours earlier this week. I went there with a good Spanish mate who knows Bultaco backwards. None of this was a surprise to him. Mind you some of the things he did say about Bultaco days were surprising.

20000101_005928.jpg

Ill get round to writing it up and you can pick it apart trying to make it fit your argument