Cracking Frame This

theshercorider

• 1 month later...

Looke like that skidplate has been hit more times than Joe Lewis! No wonder things cracked! Might have taken to the press for a bit of straightening!

Looke good though!

Just a suggestion, I allways run the throttle cable to the inside of the front brake tube(hose). Not perfect, but the front brake tube does give the throttle cable a bit of shielding against limbs and brush snagging the cable and yanking it at the least oppertune moment!

Looking good mate, Nice mix of 11 & 12 stickers :-). I keep looking at my Sherco and wondering what it would look like with a red frame. I might do mine with my own special candy mix, Looks just like anodised red. I did some parts in it and everyone was asking where I got them from, When I told them I had painted them they were shocked!

Might give me something to do over xmas or a good excuse to hide in my nice warm paint booth.

Edited by steve_earle

Cheers for the comments guys.

Unfortunately I don't have any close ups. The welds aren't pretty anyway. I kind of just left them rather than grinding them down. Then covered that area with a 2011 frame sticker.

I'm not quite sure what you mean cope? I'm not satisfied with the routing of the throttle cable. On full left lock it picks up a very small amount of revs. I can't really remember how it was originally :P it could be I need a tad more slack in the cable.

The colour is range rover Firenze red. Lovely deep metallic colour.

Cheers for the comments guys.

Unfortunately I don't have any close ups. The welds aren't pretty anyway. I kind of just left them rather than grinding them down. Then covered that area with a 2011 frame sticker.

I'm not quite sure what you mean cope? I'm not satisfied with the routing of the throttle cable. On full left lock it picks up a very small amount of revs. I can't really remember how it was originally :P it could be I need a tad more slack in the cable.

The colour is range rover Firenze red. Lovely deep metallic colour.

Just run the throttle behind the front brake(between the brake and clutch) was all, affords a bit of extra protection as compared to hanging out front alone.

Yea, back off just enough no not to effect idle and such on left turns. This is normal, as for whatever reason, the cable has to bend a bit more which takes up slack.