New To Trials What Can A 1976 Ty 175 Handle?

scmbud

Ha, you guys are funny. Thanks for the information though. I may have exagerated a little about hucking it, Im not exactly gonna be launching her by any means but I will see a lot of steep drops with harsh transitions and stuff of the sort. Not to mention endless fallen trees to bounce over. This things a goat though It been stormy here the last two days and I hit this gnarly hillclimb, I made it as far in the wet as I have on my 2008 crf 250 in the dry.

I agree with the cat above my I think if I keep her well maintained shell handel whatever I through at her. I rode her for 2 days and got a feel for the bike and got her all dialed. New brake pads, fork oil levers got rid of the air box and auto lube system Just did a lot of basic stuff. Then earleyer today I pulled the cylinder off and found that the top need to be rebuilt, So... I stripped her to the frame and im gonna get every thing polished and painted get some new bolts here and there clean out all the vintage 1976 grease and sheel be good as new and looking sexy too. Can somebody let me know what to mix the fule at I was given an unsure answer of 32 to 1 from the original owner. - Peace

Is this guy Bondy in disguise? Can somebody translate as i thought he was asking about a TY175 not a goat. Do we have an animal forum? and since when has a TY175 had disc brakes? and whats in heavens is a fork oil lever? Why would you want to remove the air box unless you wanted to trash the motor? I'm soooooo confused :madnoel:

Edited by old trials fanatic

Really ?/

2009 Gas Gas Txt Pro 280 Cracked Frame

post-6674-0-06079900-1354365620_thumb.jpg

http://www.trialscen...ing-frame-this/

http://www.trialscen...-frame-problem/

UMMMM the Exception that proves the rule? :dunce:

I did see that in the other forum I was hoping it was a rare occurrence. I know Sherco had frame troubles at one time, I know a gent that had to get one replaced. And Gas Gas had swing arm problems, saw video of rider doing a drop off and on landing the swing arm snapped into two pieces. But my point was Generally post 2000 bikes handle these things better and have better suspension etc.... but I also mentioned "Also you probably already know that the harder you ride a bike, the more stuff you will need to fix later."

I ride a 175 plus a 07 Beta.

I always look at these things the other way around, if any bike (and me) is capable of getting up a step/bank/climb etc, the bike (and me) is capable of getting it back down again! Without resorting to bending metal.

It's not always the case (I have a small collection of bend pieces), but it's a good starting point!

I ride a 175 plus a 07 Beta.

I always look at these things the other way around, if any bike (and me) is capable of getting up a step/bank/climb etc, the bike (and me) is capable of getting it back down again! Without resorting to bending metal.

It's not always the case (I have a small collection of bend pieces), but it's a good starting point!

But would you expect the TY175 to do what you wouldnt think twice about on your Beta?

No, but neither would I throw either bike off a ledge I knew I couldn't get up!

Whichever bike it is, if I can get it up, I know I can get it back down.

The OP wondered what a 175 will handle, if he's skilled enough to climb a 3 foot step on it, he's skilled enough to get it back down again without ruining it.

• 7 years later...

100ml synthetic 2 stroke to a gallon of juice n you should be fine. The 175 I had was a lovely wee bike to ride, not much power mind but that meant I didn’t spin too much in the sections ?? Had no problems except for a seized swing arm pivot which I discovered when I tried to remove it for greasing. Find your self some easy sections and practice on them and you will enjoy the bike. All the best with it .