Just Bought Italjet Trials Bike

jaylael

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I got a report today that the Italjet is at Dennis' house parked out in the yard. :hyper: I intend to retrieve it asap. I understand I owe a debt of gratitude to someone who had it in them to haul the Italjet back from colorado nationals to California, where Dennis got it and brought it all the way to Oregon. It is remarkable to me how trials people are so great! I am truly grateful to be associated with such a nice bunch of people. To whoever hauled that green bike all the way from Colorado to Californie, Man you are awesome! :D

• 4 weeks later...

:D hello all-new to the site and just getting into vintage trials after 20 years.i just bought an ITALJET 250 -i'm such a horrible rider that it can't be that bad for me-soooooo anyone want to part with parts,bikes,help etc. i am interested in anything you may have and am willing to be the butt of any jokes that may follow. :beer: Edited by KTM96DUKE

KTM96Duke, Welcome to vintage trials riding! I hope you have a good time. That Italjet looks pretty sweet. Looks like you will be needing a kickstarter, airbox, and some cosmetic parts. I understand there are a couple of places in UK that still have a few parts around. (any ideas guys?) I found my Italjet to be a fine bike. Try not to worry about negative comments. They only reflect personal opinion. I once had a 300 Fantic which I detested. I don't go around bashing them, but I guess even a negative post is better than none. It has been riding season here, so much so that I don't feel like hanging around the internet. My best advice is ride the bugger. Push start it if you must, and ride it! Good luck and let us know how you get on. JL :D

thanks for the welcome! :D i plan on using the bike right away-will build an airbox out of titanium sheet.will see if i have anything to use as a kickstarter-if not i'll try finding one. can't wait to start riding and getting in some competitions. will be a nice break from racing vintage mx.