2013 Evo

fred_savage

2013 owners, I am considering an upgrade so would appreciate help with the following.

What comparisons can you offer between the 2012 1nd 2013 EVO.

In particular;

Riding position.

Steering lock.

Air filter efficiency over last year – anything getting through?

Teething problems with the 2013 if any.

ETC.

Thanks.

Ive ridden the 2012 and the 2013 250 Beta. The 2013's are much much softer that the 2012 bike. My first impression was that it felt low of power , but it wasnt it is just so flat on the bottom and mid range.It felt as though it was a 125. Open it up though and it goes well , but only if you open right up.Its unlike other bikes because of this. Its a much better power for clubmen than most other 250's. Its very easy to control and is ace in trials due to this. The side effect of this smooth flat as a pancake power is that for me ,it is so boring to ride.

Steering lock is slightly less that last year.Riding position felt the same.

Edited by gasgas249uk

My young lads bike has only got the thin base gasket and full Bossi exhaust. Looking at removing the fly wheel weight but whats the best way he said he had a look but screws look like there made of butter and seems solid. Any tips for removal ?

He had Bossi progressive spring on his 2012 Beta but felt the 2013 didn't need it , he had an Ohlins so that was just a straight swap, a few lads who had a shot of his 2012 bike liked the suspension set up with Ohlins and Bossi spring.

Ive ridden the 2012 and the 2013 250 Beta. The 2013's are much much softer that the 2012 bike. My first impression was that it felt low of power , but it wasnt it is just so flat on the bottom and mid range.It felt as though it was a 125. Open it up though and it goes well , but only if you open right up.Its unlike other bikes because of this. Its a much better power for clubmen than most other 250's. Its very easy to control and is ace in trials due to this. The side effect of this smooth flat as a pancake power is that for me ,it is so boring to ride.

Steering lock is slightly less that last year.Riding position felt the same.

Boyesen carbon tech reeds!