Chain Tensioner Broken

guys

Hi everybody

I've had two chain tensioners (brand: Ariete) that broke in to pieces in a very short time although the discription says the following: 'A replacement trials chain tensioner spare pad made from the much more durable silicon rubber More expensive than the standard rubber item, but will pay back with much longer life'

So here's my question: What brand do you guys use, are the S3 any good?

S3%20CH-479-B-Kit.JPG

I use hard plastic blocks, cut to size. They initially wear quickly but once in shape last well.

Machine shops can usually supply off cuts.

Hmmm, might be a good idea. Lots of different kinds of plastics at work available...

Thanks

The ones that broke usually last a long time. I would look at `what` caused them too last such a short time?

I don't know. because they're crap?

The first one only lasted 3 months, wore down to the metal tubes and the "bridge" (the upper part) broke off.

Yesterday i mounted the second one, and after 2 hours of training it breakes in the middle, between the two bolts.

This is what I prefer to use.

http://www.vmar.com/chain-guide.html

In an emergency I made up a block for a buddy that was riding at the house. I have a sheet of teflon that I cut a strip out of and had to sandwich 3 pieces together to get it wide enough and then a little quick "machining" with a router, a dremel, and a drill and viola he had a rub block and we could continue to ride. I think he will be using that for quite some time........

• Like 1