Top End Re Build

nelly1

beta has 4 size pistons a b c d which is stamped on the piston that is in your bike ie if there was a a in there you can fit a b thats what iv been told iv got a small piston slap in mine now and for the parts piston kit base gasket and head gasket its not far short of 200 notes

thanks for that and thanks for everyones help

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd still go for using Tesco 99 or Shell V power and 60:1 first. Then I'd tweak fuelling, then I'd look at engine parts.

It would have needed to have done a shed load of work to need a piston and rings don't you think? My Rev 3 is a 2007 and on all it's original stuff and is silky smooth on decent oil and SUL but rattles like hell on 95 un leaded or naff oil at the wrong ratio.

im at a trial on sunday so im going to try it with a bit more oil in it i always use v power it is 70:1 at the mo putoline trials strawberry stuff maybe richen it up a bit 1.5 turns out is normal if i remember right ?

Try lifting the needle a clip as well?

I run A747 as a rule but if I go to trials I also use the strawberry stuff so my bikes compatible fuel wise if I or someone else runs out. I run either oil at 60:1. The A747 makes my rev3 so silky smooth it feels brand new but you also need the occasional bit of heat to burn it off but the metal to metal protection is second to none. It may not be the best oil if your bike is only ever ridden at section speeds. The putoline stuff will give you no concerns so stick with it.

well still got the top end rattle so il be doing that soon but one issue i had today which may be worth you all looking out for my mixture screw undoes itself start 1.5 out within an hour about 5 out so the locktite got to come out for that

im guess youve not got the spring behind mixture screw..... easy left out / lost when cleaning i spose.... wind mixture screw right out,remove and clean, should be a small spring sat behind it which keeps the pressure on the thread to stop it moving........

Has the bike seen lots of action/road work? If so a piston and little end won't hurt but if it still rattles after you'll be miffed at spending £££s when the right carb tweaks would cure it.

Have you posted what jets and needle clip you are running? It may be obvious to someone then. Have you done the screw driver on the barrel trick to listen to the motor? That should show up any real bad rattle.

Has the bike seen lots of action/road work? If so a piston and little end won't hurt but if it still rattles after you'll be miffed at spending £££s when the right carb tweaks would cure it.

Have you posted what jets and needle clip you are running? It may be obvious to someone then. Have you done the screw driver on the barrel trick to listen to the motor? That should show up any real bad rattle.

no to both i know the main is a 125 but thats it will do though

any suggestions my air screw is still working its way out rode today for about 90 mins it was out about 4 turns out the screw is tight to turn it has the spring seemingly in good condition and i have thread locked it in with the non permanent stuff and yet still it works its way out it is very strange

any suggestions my air screw is still working its way out rode today for about 90 mins it was out about 4 turns out the screw is tight to turn it has the spring seemingly in good condition and i have thread locked it in with the non permanent stuff and yet still it works its way out it is very strange

Reading your post I am not sure, but I would suppose this is a Kiehin on an Evo? Makes me wonder if it is not being subjected to excess vibration such as loose headstay or engin mounts? This stuff needs to be gone over and get goooten tight, you know! :beer:

Add the bashplate and swingarm bolts as well!

Edited by copemech

Nelly me old china... Reading this lot I'd say the issue with the knocks all carb related.

Reason, I reckon it's pinking/ knocking as a posed to little end rattle..... Is, your dicky mixture screw is working its way WAY out, and the bikes run mega rich for a while......could have given you an excessive carbon build up on head maybe ???

The jetting.... I swapped mine yesterday to a 45 pilot. And a 110 main. Adjusted the mixture screw/ tick over to suit....... It is proper crisp and responsive and ticks over lovely......

The jets are around 3-4 quid, get them changed before you do anything else....... Or bring your bike over here one eve this week and try my carb.

If that mixture screw is SELF adjusting all the while..... Well..... There's your problem. Order a new spring along with the jets....whole lot won't set you back a tenner..... Then runs some proper decent fuel through to try and burn the crap out the head..... It'll be reet.

:)