First Day Out Practicing On 1975 Montesa Cota 247 Video

handmadematt

My brother and I went and had some fun.

It's a great bike, so capable considering it's age and how slippy and muddy it was!

It was our first day ridding trials, I've done green laning but never anything like this.

I hope you enjoy the video.

Cheers, and thanks for all the help on this forum realising the actuality of enjoying this bike, from purchase advice to troubleshooting problems I've had.

Ciao

• Like 1

Soften your shocks by turning the preload adjuster so that it applys minimum preload. Your shocks should just bottom out when you go over a decent sized step or drop or even a large log say 15" if they never bottom out you are not using all the suspension travel. You could always upgrade the shocks at a later date but that should do for now and help with grip and control.

Given all you have posted on here about how the bike runs it's not bad. Monts were a bit sluggish in comparison to the Bultaco. However..........you need to clean up the carburetion. If you look at the early part of the video you are getting up that muddy climb OK until the bike starts four-stroking at which point the wheelgrip vanishes. A common problem but one unappreciated by many riders.

Edited by 2stroke4stroke
  • Like 1

Given all you have posted on here about how the bike runs it's not bad. Monts were a bit sluggish in comparison to the Bultaco. However..........you need to clean up the carburetion. If you look at the early part of the video you are getting up that muddy climb OK until the bike starts four-stroking at which point the wheelgrip vanishes. A common problem but one unappreciated by many riders.

This problem cleared up by the end of the day. She hadn't had a good run like that for about a year. I did clean the carb but maybe one of the jets was blocked and it cleared itself. I'll never really know I guess but she's revs smooth and high with lots of power now. I'll make another video next time I go.

Nice video, keep practicing, that´s a very good performance for a first day in trials !!!

Thanks mate, it's appreciated. We had LOTS of fun, I think it shows hey?

I really feel like I get in a zone when I'm riding, my mind shuts off and I achieve things better if I don't think about it. Just going with the flow and feeling seems to be the answer for now. When I'm in a flow going from one section to the next it all links in nicely with lots of momentum, I'm also fearless about ridding over/ off things... If I stop though and try to get going again forget it! It's all about that flow.