Need Help With Technique Please.

skyline1

Finger upon clutch, lad, finger on clutch!

It IS the applicator of POWER, and the bail out TOOL, no matter what the throttle does! Drill that into the brain! Practice makes perfect! Just as important as throttle or gears! Remember that!

Finger upon clutch, lad, finger on clutch!

It IS the applicator of POWER, and the bail out TOOL, no matter what the throttle does! Drill that into the brain! Practice makes perfect! Just as important as throttle or gears! Remember that!

I must admit I usually have it covered. one of the first things I learnt was one finger clutch control.

The other thing I struggle with is hitting near the top of an obstetrical with my front wheel to allow the bike to carry on over without hitting the bash plate.

I am much better at the wheely over the top & using the rear wheel to bring the front of the bike down.

I find that my fork bottoms harshly, I don't know if there is a bottom cushion in the beta fork but I have had a rude shock knock my hand off the bar a couple of times

It's not the bike, it's riding style and practicing bike control and body position

Probably one of those things the Internet cannot teach you, trials needs a coach

Also, a while ago my coach shot some video of me riding sections, it is a big help to see yourself moving on the bike, I see that I'm not doing what I thought I was doing

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally got out on my bike yesterday after all the bad weather. there was still a covering of snow on the ground, adding to the fun.

I tried a few of the suggestions above & had some success. I still have a great deal of practice before it becomes second nature.

Close shave when I managed to stall the bike in on top of rock in mid wheely. I wish I had it on film, I nearly went over the handlebars but still managed to keep hold of the bike & not fall off.lol.

The other thing I struggle with is hitting near the top of an obstetrical with my front wheel to allow the bike to carry on over without hitting the bash plate.

I am much better at the wheely over the top & using the rear wheel to bring the front of the bike down.

You may get by with that on smaller stuff, yet as things get a bit larger, you will do nothing but drife the skidplate into the oblect, killing your progress, using only the wheely.

This is the point where you actually need the front wheel to hit the object in an effort to raise the front enough to get the plate clear! Yhis is often referred to as the double blip, where your first blip sets the tire into position and compresses the suspension to rebound up and off with the second blip, which all requires some timing and effort(add practice), yet a simpler method of single blip does exhist to where one simply approaches, then lifts the front and hits the object whth the whel on the way up as though you are climbing it. As long as the object is not too tall and you do not hit it too high to be ineffective, it works all in one motion. Just not as effective as a full plant of the front to compress the suspension more, but a good start for most. All point being, you need that hit to lift the front high, and without it you are done! :beer: