Tyre Problem

big_red_bike

Hi i have a problem with an irc tyre on a fantic wheel.I fitted the tube type tyre just after buying the bike ,the problem is that the tyre turns on the rim i have tried new tyre clamps but it is still the same.I have another bike with fantic wheel and irc with no problems so not sure if it could be worn rim or faulty tyre.Has anyone had this problem with irc tyres.

I think you need new, better fitting clamps, set them in the rim and see how tightly they would clamp the tire. You might want to take your bare wheel to a store where you can try different clamps.

Edited by motovita

I think you need new, better fitting clamps, set them in the rim and see how tightly they would clamp the tire. You might want to take your bare wheel to a store where you can try different clamps.

Hi i have already tried new clamps and still the same problem .

You don't say which Fantic wheel it is. From the 303 model range to the K-Roo they had tubeless rims that looked just like tubes rims - a tubed tyre won't necessarily seat properly on one of those.

Any model prior to the 303 range had tubed rims.

You don't say which Fantic wheel it is. From the 303 model range to the K-Roo they had tubeless rims that looked just like tubes rims - a tubed tyre won't necessarily seat properly on one of those.

Any model prior to the 303 range had tubed rims.

Hi it is a 240 fantic,i think i read that some people had problems with irc tubeless being to big a diameter on the bead and wondered if anyone had the same problem with the tube type tyres.

Hi BRB

Had the same problem on my twinshock Ty.

Tightened up the security bolts each lap on OTF's trial, as the tyre was moving, eventually broke security bolt then ripped the valve out!

Tried talon billet security bolt, but they punctured the inner tube.

Had success with a sm pro rim as it is serrated around the edge and stops movement.

I have tried to file grooves in the rim like the sm pro, but it is difficult, need a knurling tool.

Hi it is a 240 fantic,i think i read that some people had problems with irc tubeless being to big a diameter on the bead and wondered if anyone had the same problem with the tube type tyres.

I remember the diameter discussion but I've no idea how you would accurately measure the ID of a tyre.

Is this the first tyre you've fitted to this bike - If the bike is relatively new to you are you sure it hasn't been fitted with a tubeless rim?

I'm not implying that the tubed tyre can't slip, just trying to think of other possibilities.

I remember the diameter discussion but I've no idea how you would accurately measure the ID of a tyre.

Is this the first tyre you've fitted to this bike - If the bike is relatively new to you are you sure it hasn't been fitted with a tubeless rim?

I'm not implying that the tubed tyre can't slip, just trying to think of other possibilities.

Yes tube type rim i have the same kind of fantic wheel with irc on my triumph twin i only use one security bolt with that and the tyre has never moved.