Garibaldi, This One Piece Suit Is Worth A Look!

ironbelly

The first and best trials one piece suits in the world. I have never seen for sale, and then this Jason Finn suits comes up from a guy that got it from a charity auction, and appantely was in Jason's Video "The Trick Wizard" 1996

Garibaldi only made one piece suits for their sponsored riders Tarres, Clomer, Finn, and were not for sale to the public, if only I had the extra cash at the moment :wall:

http://www.ebay.co.u...g-Garibaldi-Gas Gas-Trials-Suit-For-Film-The-Trick-Wizard-1996-97-/170975191192?pt=UK_Other_Clothing_Protection&hash=item27ceea6098

Maybe your not allowed to post links???? its Item Number 170975191192

Edited by ironbelly

Wish I was too young, Brema had some real quality stuff (2 Piece), brema only made One piece Lycra suits "After" Garibaldi, Garibaldi was the innovator of todays suits, and the quality of Garibaldi is also top of the tree along with their awesome Designs, besides I remember Diego Bosis on a Beta Techno with a Brema one piece which was terrible, Brema's best stuff was the 2 piece what Michaud, Saunders Used while on Fantic in the late 80's, a lot of work went into those!!

Edited by ironbelly

The price is slowly creeping up. Anyone care to hazard a guess what they'll go for?

£107 i recon. Everyone who knew of Jason Finn is to big to fit in them. They'd be a nice addition to a collection though

I would think they will go for a great deal more than that, I think over £250, I bid on his 2002 Garibaldi one piece and that finished over £400, the matching short Garibaldi jacket went for £250, so just by the fact that this suit was used in 1996 for the Video "The Trick Wizard" makes them very special, the below video is 1996, so this is maybe the same suit in the auction?, I agree they would be a very nice addition to a collection....I wish I was rich right now :(

Edited by ironbelly

Actually the ebay suit was my 97' suit...well sort of, from the start of 96' I used a red JST JTR270 Gas Gas, the suit had white Gas Gas text, white FINN text on back and behind arms, then when the 97' model came out still in 96' I used a Silver Gasser, the suit was almost identicle to my 96' but Garibaldi changed the Gas Gas and Finn text from white to Electric Blue and added my "Key of life" logo in electric blue. so although it was my 97' suit it was still used in the end of "The Trick Wizard" filmed the end of 96!!

all the best

Jason Finn

Jason , its great to hear from you.

Here was the Garibaldi shop back in the 90's. Its situated right in the heart of the busiest part of Barcelona. The rent must be colossal.

garabaldi.jpg

I went to the shop in October last year and this is the shop now. It looks a shadow of its former self. Bring back the colour !!!

20000101_165427.jpg

Edited by gasgas249uk

James,

Yes thats their place/Office in barcelona, I went there many times, Ma luisa secretary, `jose Fernandez was the guy who produced Mine & Jordi's one piece suits, along with his wife, Garibaldi is owned By Isabella Garibaldi with help from her Daughter Georgina Garibaldi, they have another Warehouse were all the Garments are made, Jose had a little room at the top of the shop where all the sponsored riders stuff was measured, they really looked after me, trials has only ever been 7% of their turnover, they specialize in racing leathers.

-jason

Thanks Jason

Ill try and get there again next year.

The Garibaldi gear was and still is the benchmark in colour and styling. The one piece suits were then, and still are a real icon of top end trials riding.

Not only did i envy the Garibaldi gear but also the 32" waist to get in them:).

Thanks again

After reading this topic I felt compelled to join the forum.

Garibaldi along with the riders mentioned also made suits for me, through my sponsorship from Jason as no. 1 team rider.

The gear is absolutely second to none and the quality is unsurpassed. It's just a shame you no longer see it worn at world rounds.

My suits/jackets etc were all unique to me thanks to Jason's support and I'll never sell any of it! Jase even has the original designs from my 1 piece that never got made when I switched to Scorpa for a very short time, but that's another subject!