No Stop Rule

modifier

Billy, you better be damn glad if I do! You see whot I said in point 6! That applies to you! I don wanna here your whining when I lay a 5 on ya!

I got a new (er) bike, so getting ready!

I think a Glasgow kiss or Glasgow smile may be in order here chaps? LOL :beer: Can ye huad ma pint fer mae while dae him in Jimmy! :hyper: A newer bike eh? So you need a newer bike to go riding, go practice? Let me know when you get it and we can go out and see what it can do.

It's still trials. They stop, and reverse all the time. No stop rule would kill it. It's bloody cool ;)

Not necessarily - have you ever seen Chris Akrigg in action, especially on a fixed wheel bike? He tends not to fart about http://chrisakrigg.com/

and has a very flowing style.

Let's face it, riders only stop and bounce about to make it easier so if they are not allowed to do so then there has to be more of a challenge? And it does not matter what system you use, the sections should be laid out to give the riders some element of safety - it may just be a bit different if no stop is in force.

Edited by 2stroke4stroke

Yes. He also has a video where he has no brakes and a freewheel. He ends up running into a tree and hurting his shoulder. So yeah there is one guy in the world who would benefit from no-stop. ;)Did you watch the video I posted on observed bike trials? I'd have to watch it and actually keep track but I'll guess 75% of the course could not be ridden if they could not stop. I think it would dumb it down quite a lot. I guess that is their intent.

Think youre getting confused. There is a seperate forum for push bikes i.e. Bike Trials For those also into Trials of the non-motorised variety!.
  • Like 1

I respect your 2300 posts OTF and I wouldn't say anything but you have made your point before and it seems a bit persnickety. I started this thread. The thread was obviously about motor trials. The bicycle reference was just a side note. Just like if someone mentioned in a Beta thread that Hondas have the same issue.

Bicycles are mentioned in perhaps 6 at best of 70 posts in this thread. Not the end of the world.

• Like 1

Do you, really ??

In the sense that he has obviously been here a while and somewhat earned the right to be a bit bossy. And if I had posted a bicycle trials thread in a motorcycle trials forum he would be completely in the right. However, in this case it's pushing it and he brought it up more than once including cuts to the legitimacy of bicycle trials each time. Both forms are legit.

• Like 1

B40rt U ye guanny stuan back an take that fae a sassanach? LOL Stick the heid on yon wan. Ill huad yer chips, de ye want a len o ma chib? LOL Glesga got yer back gon yerself Auld reekie........... :wall:

That's pretty cool if you ask me. Is it mixed with actual Gaelic or just a phonetic interpretation of someone with a serious Scottish accent with some local vernacular thrown in?Makes me want to watch Snatch again. The movie ;)

Not that I can understand more than about half of it.

Edited by modifier
  • Like 1

That's pretty cool if you ask me. Is it mixed with actual Gaelic or just a phonetic interpretation of someone with a serious Scottish accent with some local vernacular thrown in?Makes me want to watch Snatch again. The movie ;)

Not that I can understand more than about half of it.

Sorry, a dinna ken what ur on about ? Billy, yours a pint spec ?

Na bother at awe. As long as Modifer wants to watch "snatch" again and not actual plays with his "snatch" again then we awe all right. LOl

I see he's a yanky and no a sassanach then. Dae ye ken? So its a dram then an no a pint o stout? How about a wee black and tan.

Yell be in yer kip when a type yon reply. Am awa tae mine as well. Its fer drechi er here the nigt.

Obviously Modifier is on the MO side of the line. No matter, if you meet Billy T. in person he sounds the same way. It's kinda like talking to a Mexican, you just say HU? a lot and smile!

As long as you smile at him he is a happy lad! He is actually a very good rider and a smart fellow, but if you give him a 5 he goes back to Mexican mode very quickly, soo, we just smile! :hyper: