Fat Handlebar...

sting32

Ok,

Try to keep this one short. Yeah I could call a dealer or something, but dang he's not in today... So.... think Ill Axe about it on here, 1st.

Once again 04-300 Pro bike...

I have the 'aftermarket' fat-bars (pro taper?) on here, no I cannot recall who's brand? ATM I think they are HEBO, maybe they ain't? But it was before Gasgas did it... As you might guess since it was a conversion, It came with funky clamps, they have really sharp edges where bolts go in... (bought the bike with these already installed and I love the bars lots, BTW)

Ok I'm hitting my 'gut' (or Belly) on these to dang much, and its pretty bad bruises. Sure, I could get a pad, but also see none that I like (green on gasgas {usa's parts site} Yuck, give me a break...)

I haven't started looking at the breakdowns of the 05, but in the pictures... their new clamps look like I would be much much less wounded by these... But do I have to have something like special top fork triple clamp? as i see only one bolt per side holding the bars, but what holds the clamps to Triples?

TIA guys...

If not, Rnthal make nice Motocross ones. I used to run one. Its slightly bigger (width) than the standard trials one. Now, I run a Scorpa pad! They are really small, but do the job! Just cover the outside in Carbonfibre sheeting or something! ;)

If you look at the gasgasuk shop (www.gasgasuk.com) then click on GasGaS Shop, then Accessories on Page 13 you'll find a pic of the 'Raga' clamps. (actually made by Marzocchi)

Its very low profile set up and doesn't seem to get in the way. It fits the top yoke on all Pros (and late TXTs I think). 2 bolts on a 40mm centre. The second bolt is hidden by the hinge.

I heard that they are fragile, maybe this is something to do with folk belting the pin through without the application of a little heat to expand the alloy ?

I also understand that they have been modified since their introduction and maybe the later ones are more robust.

The Renthal fatbar clamp is a more traditional 2 bolt set up, but they are in short supply - certainly are in the UK.

You guys are the best, ya know...

R2wtrials, That is Mine exaclty, just like your pic... I should post pics of the bruising, lol but ya'll would find a different cure, as did the GF...

I called my 'dealer' today, said they are breaking on everyone (stock 05 units, and expensive as hell too.

so Im gonna try plan 2, the Scorpa Bar pad...

oh well...

The reason i don't use one is that i prefere my kill button in the middle of the bars.. that way if i drop it in deep mud i stand the same chance of finding it whichever side it is down. If it is revving it's nuts off and the kill switch is in 2 foot of mud it may seize up first!!

agree with the kill switch location. the scorpa set up (with pad) is more to my taste. yours does look smart thou and i've no belly to haul around.

r2w,

Apart from running a scorpa pad, another ting I do is cut a small hole out in the middle of the pad to the exact shape of the kill button and that holds it in place so you get the best of both. ;)

I first seen that on Kev Hipwell's (Gasgas UK Mechanic) bike. Looks really neat!