Hebo Tank

gazzaecowarrior

Just in the process of having my Montesa MH123 tank unit sprayed to finish off the restoration. It's a fibre glass tank and has to be emptied when not in use and its a real pain, Due to recent injury sadly the bike will not be ridden by me but I do still like to start it up every week to keep everything as it should. I really don't want to be removing and draining the tank every time and risk chipping the fab spray job.I was wondering about a hebo number plate tank with a slight mod. Would the hebo tank work if I ran it straight onto the carb with a longer fuel pipe or does it have to go in through the tank breather thus defeating the object of the excercise. I could fit a little inline fuel tap if it would and maybe a Y piece connector above the carb so that the original tank and fuel line could stay in situ. Would it work ?

No reason you can't use a slave style tank to your carb but to use the Hebo one you'd need to either somehow fit a tap to the bottom of it or fill it, then fit it upside down using the original air vent as your petrol feed and the syphon tube as the air vent.

These tanks work by the fuel being syphoned into the main tank as the fuel level drops, you may be able to get the syphon started with the tank the right way up by blowing into the air vent to push fuel over the outlet bend down to the carb but I'm not convinced. And they're £50 a pop by the time it arrives at your house.

You'd be better off getting a tank from a lawnmower or similar that already has a tap or outlet on the bottom of it.

Edited by dabmeister10

No reason you can't use a slave style tank to your carb but to use the Hebo one you'd need to either somehow fit a tap to the bottom of it or fill it, then fit it upside down using the original air vent as your petrol feed and the syphon tube as the air vent.

These tanks work by the fuel being syphoned into the main tank as the fuel level drops, you may be able to get the syphon started with the tank the right way up by blowing into the air vent to push fuel over the outlet bend down to the carb but I'm not convinced. And they're £50 a pop by the time it arrives at your house.

You'd be better off getting a tank from a lawnmower or similar that already has a tap or outlet on the bottom of it.

Oh I see. I was hoping they had the same system as a strimmer / chainsaw tank.