Beta 4T

shyted

Quite fancy a Beta 4t later this year . Would like to know from those of you who have experience with said bike ,good or bad ,problems ,problem free . Late model old model best and worst . Really don't know a great deal about them apart from they look neat and i had a brief conversation with a guy who had a new one last time i went to Backcowm .

Depends on how/what you want to ride, British champs prob not, there's a whole clan of us who ride them together, 6 out of ten of us on the beta 4 stroke all of different ages/abilities , all had various bikes and all love the 4 stroke beta, STD 250 really soft, tweaked 300 bags of power

Edited by chris morris

I had a rev4T for 3 years. Took a little while to get used too and is very different to the 2T. Obviously I was riding it before the introduction of non stop and I feel it would have been even better to ride under such rules. The 250 was such soft useable power and sounded like a sewing machine. 100% reliable. I use to change the oil and filter about every 5 trials. Mine was fine to start hot or cold once you get used to it. When warm it just needed a tiny bit of throttle to start. Never used the hot start. It was about 5kg heavier than than the 2T. It had a diaphragm carb with a heavy throttle but you get used to that. Not having to do the premix was quite enjoyable though.

You need to get a ride on one it will either suit your riding or you will hate it! I loved mine from day one, easy to start when hot or cold, once you have got it dialed in you can find grip when others can't.

As a said above get out on one and you will soon know.

i've a number of different bikes and have a 300 evo 4t in the garage,not the easiest bike if it's hard route and hoppy but suits no stop stuff ,think they are so underrated,fly's up some big banks so easy and i'd say would flatter a lot of riders ability's.

starting never normally a problem,hot or cold,just being a great bike.

+ it grips

easy to ride

reliable

sound

lot's of steering lock

- tiny bit heavier.

rear exhaust guard cost's a fortune.

carbs a pig to strip in an event if any problems.

one of my favourite bikes i own.

Thanks for the response men . The reason for wanting one is simple , i like them . However ,liking one and owning one are two different things !

That's the reason for asking the questions . Bit random , but when at backcowm , there was a gang of Yorkshire lad's on 4t Beta's and it's one of those guy's i spoke to . Could that be one of your gang Chris Morris by chance ?