Gg 300 Pro Top End Question

squid_on_a_300

OK..In my true squid like fashion, I managed to sieze my 02 300 Pro on my third ride.

Today I'm picking up a replated cylinder, top end kit, water pump seal and a kill switch lynard. With my KTMs I would just measure the old base gasket and replace it with a new one of the same thickness. However with the GG it's a different cylinder going on. How do I determine what gasket to use? I could not find the clearance demention for the piston to the top of the bore anywhere on the web. .What about break-in. I usually do three heat up cool down cycles..5, 7, and 10 minutes before taking a nice easy ride. Any thing special I should be aware of on the GG?.

Thanks

Squid.

Hi, Base gasket wise a 0.8mm will be safe and give no loss of power, as for break in read this site http://www.mototuneu..._in_secrets.htm.

I never ride a bike gentley after a rebuild, you need to wear the rings to the bore, and the rough finish on a new cylinder after honing is there to wear the rings in. if you ride around too gently you will polish the hone marks off before they wear the rings in. Never use high revs while running in but give it some under load at lower revs through gears the to force the rings to the shape of the bore.

Edited by steve_earle

Hi, Base gasket wise a 0.8mm will be safe and give no loss of power, as for break in read this site http://www.mototuneu..._in_secrets.htm.

I never ride a bike gentley after a rebuild, you need to wear the rings to the bore, and the rough finish on a new cylinder after honing is there to wear the rings in. if you ride around too gently you will polish the hone marks off before they wear the rings in. Never use high revs while running in but give it some under load at lower revs through gears the to force the rings to the shape of the bore.

So basically just go ride some sections of a medium difficulty and you should be good??

• Like 1

I'm a squid but not that much of a squid!..I run Bel Ray H1R at 80:1...the bike got away from me and landed on it's right side with a pinned throttle..kill switch would not work at full revs..by the time I realized to plug the exhaust to slow it down the whole event was over (about 20 seconds)...

Edited by squid_on_a_300