My 90's Gas Gas Contact250 Project..

j13me

Looking at the pics, your clutch plates were stuck to the fibers pretty securely. Taking them apart was the right thing. I think your durrent problem is probably a case of not getting things together in the right sequence or orientation.

When installing, the first plate you put in should have friction material on one side only. The others have friction material on both sides. If my memory is correct, the friction material on that first plate should be facing out - but watch the video to confirm this. Then alternate friction plates and steel plates. I would clean and buff the steel plates lightly with some emery cloth to remove and gunk or rust. The cast pressure plate goes on last. There is a mark on one of the studs that must align with a mark on the pressure plate. There are 6 studs and only one marked so ity is easy to get it clocked right if you look closely.

With everything together, you can put a dial indicator on the pressaure plate and work the lever. You should get about .030 inches of movement at the pressure plate when squeezing the clutch lever full in and out.

As long as the master cylinder has enough hydraulic volume and pressure to push the pressure plate, that much it should work.

And yes, with the cover off the master cylinder, you should see oil returning back into the reservior when you release the clutch lever.

Here's hoping he didn't miss the post about hooking up the kill switch!

Keep your eye's open for a runaway gasgas with a very tired looking rider who's gotta keep going until he runs out of fuel!! No clutch and no kill switch, not so much a test ride more of an adventure!!!

j13me - give us an update soon, this is better than Eastenders!!

• 2 weeks later...