My 90's Gas Gas Contact250 Project..

j13me

I don't remember you ever saying, what does the air filter look like?

Also you said there is no t-stat. So two things come to mind.

1) What is in the head filling the hole the stat threads into?

2) Without a stat (or the rest of the electronics wired in) it is probably un-wise to ride it.

Been told to turn the fuel screw in all the way and work it out half turn at a time as the plug is getting soaked after a good few kicks? Nothing to lose!

The airmfilter isn't the best, its clean but misshaped. The airbox etc isn't fitted at the moment?

If I'm honest, I can't even find where its supposed to go in!

Today is the day! I can sense it!

It's popping every kick, (massive flames on some of the kicks from exhaust!)

I turned the fuel down as my mate suggested and it tried to start twice!!

Now I'm tired so taking a break then going to try again..

Right, she has run (only for about 2 seconds though) :(

Mate suggested taking off exhaust and it sounded like it was restricting it. First kick we had some massive flames and run of its own back for a few seconds. Looking in at the piston its very oil and greasy in there so going to whip the head of and give it a quick clean up.

The kickstart lever has bent now too! Just spent an hour modifying the good base with the good lever so they work together!

Need a break now. Never been so tired!

Can't get the kickstart sorted, local shop has nothing else that fits. I have found genuine Gas Gas ones online but at around £100 its alot of money! Worst thing is I read on one that its a 16mm shaft, I make mine out to be 13mm?

Any ideas?

I took the exhaust off to aid starting (which helped as it nearly started) I have tried for the last couple of weeks with the exhaust on.

It is VERY hard to kick over, i know what you mean, I did make it look easy (must be my iron man legs I have grown!)

Can't get the kickstart sorted, local shop has nothing else that fits. I have found genuine Gas Gas ones online but at around £100 its alot of money! Worst thing is I read on one that its a 16mm shaft, I make mine out to be 13mm?

Any ideas?

Think my 95 jtr is a 14mm shaft, got my kickstart lever from gas gas.

TLTEL

• Like 1

I did think that but when I heard the suction noise as the piston went down it had me worried. Suppose all I can do is clean the top of the piston with brake cleaner and wire brush (gently?) refit it all tommorow and see what happens?