315 Hunting

bangkok chickboy

Hi,

I recently got a 315 mont, bike seems really good starts well hot or cold, plenty of power etc but it sounds a bit crappy on idle, like its running out of petrol which it isnt. I have cleaned the card properly using carb cleaner and an air line a couple of times. The air filter is fine, like new and properly oiled, its got the correct plug with the correct gap so all the "usual" suspects are fine when checking for this sort of problem now im a stuck.

What else can i do to try and solve this problem?

Cheers.

My mates 315 is exactley the same, we've cleaned the carb,new plug etc, it also knocks as if its lean so going to try super unleaded, it may do the trick!

If anyone knows of any other issues that will help, please reply.

Edited by jam

Had similair problem with my 314R , have you tried adjusting the fuel screw out a bit. I set mine up as per the manual and it would'nt tick over. Found a link on this site somewhere with a video of a Gas Gas dealer from the states stripping the carb (dellorto) Followed his directions and its runs perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 months later...

• 1 month later...