Best Old Guy Twin Shock

scot taco

im not sure, depends on my work load, and travel funds..this is my busy time of year so i have to work it hard,

since im doing the NATC nationals as well as ITSA , RMTA and WMTA it will be busy, and trials mastering 3 events as well.

however.

i wont be on the Honda for ITSA and will let someone else take the expert modern twin shock plate for 2013, ill be heading the expert line on the new Historic single shock class on a Beta TR34..

this should be a great year with ITSA mountain west..some great riders are stepping back in vintage with this new class.

iv been talking with some old Pros that have raised and eye brow with this class..i wont name them..but f they show...youll remember them for sure.

Edited by chuckindenver

Riding a Beta in Itsa is like cheating! You have one that the frame is still straight? Had an `89 as my first Beta. My wife still hates me for that christmas. I put it under the tree to me from Santa! My kids loved it.

I check out the MAVT site now and then just to see whats going on and to look at what is forsale.It seems that you guys have a really good series out there for vintage trials.I wish I lived a little closer! Thanks for the info on what you have done to the little TL.If I find one I was thinking the same way for mods with maybe a TY 250 front end.Is a big bore kit hard to find for those?

scot taco,

Glad you like the MAVT site and our series. We have a good time, currently we are about 50/50 between vintage and modern bikes. We are getting a lot of the AMA D6 riders from Pennsylvania starting to ride our series for fun and practice. It's still amazing to see a 1 line rider on a 1974 TY250 clean a section that an expert or advanced modern rider gets a 3. The modern riders have difficulty picking the line in a no stop Trial, I know there is a lengthy thread on this elsewhere.

On the big bore TL, I have seen someone in England offering kits on ebay with piston rings and cylinders for different displacements. If I remember correctly 150cc and lower does not require boring the cases for a bigger jug, anything over that does. There are several discussions in the Honda forum with specific details. Go to that forum and search for 'big bore' and you should find them.

Riding a Beta in Itsa is like cheating! You have one that the frame is still straight? Had an `89 as my first Beta. My wife still hates me for that christmas. I put it under the tree to me from Santa! My kids loved it.

in the new class, it will be a level playing field. i have some older ex pro riders working on Fantics, and TYs to put the hurt on the expert line this year..

that was my whole idea of the new class,

some of the 35 to 40 year old riders have no interest in the twin shockers, but started out on Fantics Betas ect.

and i saw some TYs and TR32s being cut up into twin shockers just so they could ride em.

so..i pushed a new class, and they kinda opened the door a crack...it may open up even more,

my first Beta was a TR32 ex world round bike, it was leaps and bounds better then the 348 Cota i was on.. i wished now that i had both bikes back..

as this sport moves foward, it needs to change as the riders change, any venue that refuses to grow and change is doomed to fail... the more riders that have fun, the better..we all just wanna ride right?

wouldnt it be awesome, to have a Merlin, dragon fly or JCM show up at an event,?