Indoors/outdoors!

jordi

So 5 artificial sections in Japan, can,t see that can be the way to go.

Will we soon have a Indoor WTC and a Outdoor/Indoor WTC ?

Anybody else seem concerned at the way the WTCis headed?

No, there is nothing to worry about, Indoor style sections are great for out door trials, if you have ever been to an outdoor WTC then you will see, they are easy-access-for-all sections, that really light up the trial for a spectator. yea we all love the big natural stuff, and that will always remain.

but the man made stuff is always one of two things,

its the stuff that decides the winner when the venues natural surroundings cant provide sections to sort out the men from the boys,

or it is something for all when all of the natural sections are absolutely awsom, and rarely see cleans (well, as rare as possible for these lads!!)

If indoor style sections are to be a feature of the World Outdoor Trials Championship might this reflect onto trials at a lesser level, if so I see this as a threat to trials as surely riding through a variety of natural hazards is what it is all about.

If this were to happen then I think trials entries would plummet just as happened when to ride a section hopping, reversing, static balancing etc was required.

At that time trials seemed to be on the way out, that also carried over from the top level.

Since we reverted back to the old style marking system trials have really taken off.

I think these manmade sections owe more to the TV camera & packing in the paying public than to what trials is really all about.

I can Understand the last section being man-made, coz there is a dodgy rule that the last section has to be a certain distance from the start/finish area :hyper: (talking metres)

But five sections!?

As trialsrfun said, the 'lesser' riders will not be suited to that type of section coz the top six riders have ridden the indoors all winter! plus the spanish have a indoor series of their own.

• 3 weeks later...

Only 4 replies to this topic has no one read it, when I go to Hawkstone I do not want to stand & watch the best riders competing over something imported from Sheffield then probably dragged back there ready for next time.

I would say that's virtually impossible. There may be some man-made as this one was in Duluth, but skips and boxes? Nah.

Indoor trials are the" its a knockout" of trials and serve no real purpouse

ordinary riders will never have the skill to three even the easy sections

but people at my work with no real interest in bikes love it, they are amazed at the skill of the top riders

but as far as trials go they have little or no relevance to ordinary riders

but all publicity is good publicity

The Sheffield bit was a little tongue in cheek point is I think we all prefer natural hazards to anything constructed, I just hope that the work done at Hawkstone reflects what nature left behind rather than being some type of supercross section but Martin Lampkin & co must surely be the people to create a top trial for us all to enjoy.

The section at Duluth looked very interesting especially that undercut step at the end definitely spectacular to watch.

Trial at Hawkstone with Steve Colley riding (yes I am a fan) & all the rest + Dougie (hope the injury is healed soon) to cheer for it has just got to be a brill weekend.

• 1 year later...