200 Fantic (Minarelli)

steve fracy

I have two minarelli 156 models, both circa 1981, the best and easiest twin shock to use effectively. I currently run standard dellorto's on both. If they used them from new what can you say! I would strip and clean your carb out using an ultrasonic cleaning tank (cheap as chips off ebay), then inspect the usual; slide, needle, pilot, atomiser etc replace if required along with a gasket kit.

I rebuilt my carb to keep it of the era etc, or you could fit a new one. there are OKO carbs out there but they need modifications and are prone to wear quickly.

Edited by fantic200

Steve, Contact Chris at Classic Trials , He will most likely have a properly jetted and idle circuit customized OKO with needed adapters on hand for your new 200 ... He KNOWS carb set up ! I'm gonna contact him soon about one for the new section , although I may see what he recomends kehin wise for it .

And PS. the section is SWEET !!! needs fork seals and a few trivial brgs. But the skidplate isn't even abused and the rims are both true . Can't wait to put some time into it and on it ...:)

Glenn