Fantic 200 Pro

bultacorock

I have my eye on a fantic 200 pro and the people selling say that they are not sure if its a real 200 pro engine in it my be from a 201 mono the bike looks great, have had a go at searching google for info on engine numbers and could not find any tips

on what to look for.

So if any one could please offer any kind of info on what numbers and letter need to be in the engine number to says it a

200 pro twinshock engine or its a 201 mono or later engine and how do the frame and engine numbers match up number wise.

so i can tell that fantic put that frame and engine together when they built it.

I would be very greatful for your time and advice

Edited by bultacorock

Hi Bilks,

Thanks for the Links they are just the kind of info i was hoping to find looks like the later mono engine numbers have easy to date numbers on them

and may be ?? ( im really not sure about this ) the first generation of monos have almost the same engines in them as the last twinshocks.

So thanks again for the links

My nice lives in and works in York and loves it there.

Edited by bultacorock

I don't think Fantic made the 200 pro model bike , its just a 156cc top end , on the 124cc bottom end .The 125 pro model should be a model 237 , but i have a 125 pro which as tx 250 stamped on the frame . I've fitted my bike with a 205 mono engine 156cc 350 series engines .

Have a look at the frame number , and check what the engine model number is 250 or 350 .

Some say the 156cc is a lot better than the 240 pro (212cc) ......

• Like 1

hi this is what I have always believed, back around the early eightys there was a shortage of 200 fantics so a chap from around our way called Mike Hann ,who was a Fantic agent came up with the idea of the 156 top end on the 125 bottom ,so the 200 pro was born . I am sure that I will be corrected if I am wrong.

Im with Hewson on this,dont think they did make an actual 200 pro.

Mine is a FM237 stamped 124.4 on cases but been fitted with 156cc barrel, Frame difference is no loop under flywheel cover (right) as can be seen on picture above, the 240 does have a protection loop as flywheel cover is wider.

Personnaly they are the best twinshock out there.

• Like 1

I would like one that i can ask my friends to show me the best way to rebuild it so i can learn how to do some of the maintenance my self

well the bits i can be trusted to do. Im sure it would also be nice to have some one do the work for you to this one looks magic.

Hi Hewson,

I think the price sicker would have looked better if they had rounded it off to £ 4444. :D They must have spent lots of time on it

to make it look as good as it did. Below the price is a list of all the things they did to the bike, the ones i have been looking

have been £ 1444 and i think that a fair price for the bikes i have seen

Im still trying to work out why you would change the steering angle i mean world class riders helped develop the bike and they

were happy with the way it turned the sections were a 100 times harder than the ones i will be riding.

what happens if you like the way it turn s but you have to fight with it to keep it on line

because every little movement is now picked up by your new head angle, must be fun in a rocky stream bed and climbs

Hay but what do i know :rolleyes:

Edited by bultacorock
  • Like 1