Fantic 200 Pro

bultacorock

Hi Hewson,

I think the price sicker would have looked better if they had rounded it off to £ 4444. :D They must have spent lots of time on it

to make it look as good as it did. Below the price is a list of all the things they did to the bike, the ones i have been looking

have been £ 1444 and i think that a fair price for the bikes i have seen

Im still trying to work out why you would change the steering angle i mean world class riders helped develop the bike and they

were happy with the way it turned the sections were a 100 times harder than the ones i will be riding.

what happens if you like the way it turn s but you have to fight with it to keep it on line

because every little movement is now picked up by your new head angle, must be fun in a rocky stream bed and climbs

Hay but what do i know :rolleyes:

I added 6mm to the backbone of my 240(which I assume is the same frame as a forward kick 200,but I don't know for sure) and it really helped it's agility,since my bike still has the original Marzocchi shocks with the ramped preload I can set them to the middle preload position for tight boxy sections or back them off to the softest setting and the stability is great in the rocky streams(wish I could do that with a modern bike!).Before modifying the head angle I had to crank the preload up to the max to get it to turn and it had very poor grip then due to topped out shocks. World class riders aren't always the best development riders,they can ride anything, I however have to have things just perfectly tweaked to my idiosyncrasies to be able to get around my backyard without hurting myself :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Doug I'm pretty sure your right ... All the forward kick fantic built motors were installed in 240 based frames . The minnarelli (sp?) powered bikes are all based back to the earlier fantics , such as my fm330 50cc model , with many different forks used . The 200 pro is preferred by many for it's smooth tractable power vs. the 240's peaky hit ... aka a properly tuned and tweeked 240 makes alot more hp than the 300 that replaced it , but the 300 has a much smoother torque curve. The 240's helped drive the sport into the hop and stop method of riding ... I think ... But then in the little time I have playing on my new section ... half again as much power as my 240 , with a much stronger , yet smoother delivery ???They all work different and all quite well , it just depends on how your right wrist is connected to your back tires contact patch ....

So yes a Fantic 200 , 125 etc. , is a very different bike than a 125 or 200 , pro model , But don't quote me on any of it !!!!

• Like 1

I LOVE the snap of my 240,makes riding fun! But my 309 comes on like a motocrosser even though it has lots more flywheel weight than the 240,only bike I run a slow turn on.

Some day I should have a minnarelli(Going with your spelling) powered Fantic since as a youngster I had access to many of the broncco minibikes and had a Apache 100 as my ride once I got my license.

The easy way to tell wether original engine, the rear engine mount where the engine sits on the swing arm spindle, if the engine is from a 201, the centre of the engine mount will be machined (elongated half moon shape) to accept the mono rear suspension, wereas the 125/156 original engine has no cut away. The same applies to 240 and 300's

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, just looking for a bit of info, my mate has a fantic twin shock badged as a trial 240 on the side panels, just trying to work out if it is a 125cc or a 156cc ?, fully understand that the bottom end is most probably a 125cc.

we cant find any engine numbers anywhere, does anyone know if there is any engine numbers on this engine ?.

by the way the engine is a forward kick true fantic engine, the bike is the same looking as the one above that hewson own's, which he said is a 125cc, drive sprocket is also the same, on the right hand side of the bike.

any info about engine or frame numbers and there positions would be most appreciated.

ps, great little bike, might get one myself to go with the ty, but not easy to come by.

Thanks for any info or feed back, cheers john.

A 240 is a 212cc have a look on the centre casings above the front sprocket thats where engine number and cc is stamped, the red round disc on the other side (clutch cover) should give a FM 450, FM 237 or something like that

many thanks furse, will check out what you have said, the red disc is missing I think, but it is badged as a fantic 240 pro, and as you have indicated this is a 212cc, we also think this.

Today I checked the carb and the numbers wer PHBL 25 BS and not the 24 bs, as im led to believe the 25 bs was fitted to the 212cc.

ok many thanks again furse, we will check this out over the next couple of days.

cheers john.