Crazymadfool?

shipdamite

Hi All,

10 48 sprockets on a 250 pro .....................?

10 42 see's me clutching all the time, so I thought I would see what a 48 would be like (not fitted yet; its just been ordered).

Edited by shipdamite

std gearing is 11 42.

this - or 10 42 - has me clutching a lot at slow speed stuff, so I thought lower the gearing and clutch less ....................... as suggested, this will make it snappier too, but the flywheel weight and the slow throttle should help here. hopefully.

Thanks for reminding me about the chain :icon_salut:

Edited by shipdamite

I think you'll find 48 far too much. 10 42 is what most peps use but try 10 44 if you want to go slower. You may not even need a chain at this. Are you doing the dabbers trial on Sunday?

Hello Blocky - yep; 2nd trial time.................... going to try the gearing before sunday......... then probably go back to 10 42 before the trial if its too much; I will need all the help I can get :hyper: .................. lets hope that the suns out.

I run 9 - 42 with a slow tube on my 280 Pro. Tamed it a lot, but can easily be changed back in minutes.

so, without googling it, I recall that 1 tooth off the front is like adding 2 or 2 1/2 to the rear? so 9 42 is same/similar as 10 44/45?

10 48 does sound overkill ................... but it might mean that 1st gear gets a break :blush:

as its on order, I'll give it a go and let you know how it worked out ..............

................ question has to be asked though.......... why do gas gas make a sprocket that size if its too big to use?

Edited by shipdamite

and the shed revealed an unused 520 chain from a ktm road kit that was gathering dust. So, it seemed rude not to fit it and have a burble around the back yard.

I have to admit .................... I quite like it ........ slow slow slow stuff is good with minimal clutching.

when the 11t front turns up, I will fit that and see what that is like too.