Evo Engine Stops On Full Throttle In 4Th

whisky

During two recent trials my Evo 290 engine has just died in 4th gear. The first time it happened it was at a two lap event and the engine stopped twice on the same section under medium throttle . Once restarted continued the rest of the event fine although it sounded like lack of fuel. The second time was last weekend when attacking a long muddy section up hill in 4th gear under full throttle. Again once restarted with a little difficulty the bike ran fine for the rest of the event. I have my suspicions that it could be lack of fuel has anyone had the same problem and if so is there a fix?

Could also be your floats are too high/low and the bowl does not have enough fuel to draw on.

I have the same issue on my rev 3. I've set the floats so it does not leak but this can mean it dies on long trail type climbs with WOT for a while. I let it die, rest for 30 secs kick and go. Just a little slower!