Gubian Replica.

sy250

Sorry I dont have the Gubian replica...but 900 quid plus your bike, to go from an 01 to an 05 anything sounds like a good deal to me.

I would take it before the dealer changes his mind. :lol:

Sounds to me, like some of the 125 owners on here are very happy with them...sure they will respond to your post soon.

The little 4T is a great bike to ride, great fun. If you just ride club trials, go for it! Would'nt suggest it though if you ride nationals.

Loris gubian at Hawkstone 2004 euro was going up some big stuff on his! :D

And it reved ;)

The grip they get is amasing.

Just remeber tho, its a 125/175 4 stroke. If your an expert, yu might get fed-up! :lol:

Follow the rule of "if in doubt go for the smaller bike". Everybody seems to do the opposite but it works every time for me. When you think about it, in reasonable sections most marks are lost due to rider error, not because the bike is struggling for power. The smaller bike reduces errors or the effect of them.

i dont know whether or not you have had a go on any of the 125's but i would say it is well worth it. the sy125f is a cracking little bike, but i wouldnt go making any descisions without looking at all of the possibilities. dont overlook the likes of the gas gas and the sherco, they are both great light bikes with plentiful power for a 125, or how about the beta, a little heavier than the gas gas or the sherco, but certainly sturdy enough.

however, if you are 17 i would not suggest a 125, if you have only fairly recently started you will find that stepping back to a 125 will greatly hinder your progress. at 17 i would expect that within a couple of years, if you keep pushing yourself, then you will begin to ride up to the standard of the hard course, where a 125 just wont cut it for you.

if you have only fairly recently started you will find that stepping back to a 125 will greatly hinder your progress. at 17 i would expect that within a couple of years, if you keep pushing yourself, then you will begin to ride up to the standard of the hard course, where a 125 just wont cut it for you.

Sorry dude, but thats just BS! I guess you havn't seen the local youth riders charging around on there 125's on the hard route then have you?

I watch young ross danby ride his 125 GG and he makes all the experts look silly..even in national's these little bike scan cut it (125 Scorpa aside)

Bigger ain't always better,

try one and you'll see.

a lot aswell depends on your size! someone said it doesnt hold Alexz Wigg back. The thing is, theres a difference between 2 & 4 stroke and also that Gas Gas aint Standard!!!

You just gotta take into acount the sections you are doing, your weight etc.

at the end of the day, its personal preference!

Have a ride on a few before you commit yourself

I've owned a TY125S for 18 months, one of the first in the county.

It is BS that a smaller bike will not improve your riding - my results improved, fact - I have the statistics to prove it.

Great bike, simple to maintain, great to ride. Gives you loads of time in sections, and It will climb everyting on an easy/middle route.

One B Class schoolboy rides a TY125S on Hard route in the North East Centre with good results.

Go for one - you will improve...

cheers

John.