Tyre Pressure

moasis

Hi everyone,

I am very much a newbie at trials riding. I have recently (8 months ago) purchased a GasGas 300 TXT Pro. Great little bike and having loads of fun. Something I am realising though is bike setup and how it makes a difference. With this in mind, I have question though about tyre pressure - does one have to take into account their body weight / height when determining the correct tyre pressure ?

regards

moasis ;)

Yes, 4 (rear) and 6 (front) psi is a good starting point but in my (long) experience you can probably surprise yourself with how much lower you can get away with in the back without problems if you need more grip, and rider weight doen't seem to make much odds to this within reasonable limits. Well worth investing in a dial type low pressure guage if you're at all serious about getting the best results.

I find my front to be more sensitive, traction always seems good but if I go below 6lbs I really bang the rim a lot, at 6 it only happens about once per ride

Been as low as 3 lbs on the rear for snow days but stay at 4 in summer