Tys125f Mods

james111089

i rang scorpa uk up today and asked if someone could tell me the correct standard carb settings and the guy said i just pass you on to a man who can tell you.....

he said std pilot 15

He goes off the top off my head (not sure) 110 main

Mixture screw 1.5 turns out

float height he said about 1/2 to 3/4 full

Very accerate and helpful not!!!

I said that i had done the exhaust mod and he said what mod, i said where you take the baffels out, he said how many baffels have you taken out , i said all of them, he said it wont frun right like that reweld 2 baffels in and buy our jetting kit that makes them run a whole lot better

Can anyone give me some accerate help on the std carb settings mixture screw how far out?

i hate it when there not very helpful you just dont know who else to ask

Many Thanks

James

Lots of advice given, all pointing in pretty much the same direction. You definately want at least one baffle in. If Birketts reckon on two then I wouldn't argue - they know a lot more about these bikes than we do. If they can supply you a jetting kit then I am sure it will come with the relevent information. I would be straight on the phone ordering one.

i rang scorpa uk up today and asked if someone could tell me the correct standard carb settings and the guy said i just pass you on to a man who can tell you.....

Was it Scorpa uk (crosthwait's) you rang or birkett motor sport.

Dude, use your noggin a bit and check out the back postings on the Scorpa forum <_<

There is everything you will need to know and how to do it, it's been done by guys who own the bikes and it does work....failing that...if your not up to doing the work yourself take it to a good trials shop who sells the brand and they'll sort it.

Edited by Marky G

Dude, use your noggin a bit and check out the back postings on the Scorpa forum 

There is everything you will need to know and how to do it, it's been done by guys who own the bikes and it does work....failing that...if your not up to doing the work yourself take it to a good trials shop who sells the brand and they'll sort it.

dont you think i thought of that first <_< ?

Theres nothing about std carb settings!!!!!

James

Birkett

do you have the number for crosthwaits?

I wouldn't bother, birkett's are loads more helpfull, and i got mine from crosthwaits only 6 weeks ago. i rang my self this week for carb adivce and they were very helpfull.

For the 175 Birkett's recommended settings are:-

Needle, the clip in the centre position

Mainjet 102.5

Pilot jet 17.5

Float hight 1/4 to 1/2

when i get the engine sorted i'll tell you what this set up is like. <_<

Rang up brikkett again and spoke to someone else who knew what he was on about.

He told me all the same settings as you have got.

and i told him the problem and he said you float bowl is filling up too much you need to adjust you float height. when you are hopping the front you are slushing more fuel into the engine causing it to stall.

so i adjusted it to about half full and so far so good.

James

Very sorry for not geing clear enough RS :D

i was told they were having good results with the float boal quarter full, was told that you could go up to half full (or empty). The standard setting is three quarters full and this is to much, can leak when on side stand. <_<

Cheers Glenn