Tys125f Mods

james111089

I am finding everyone's theories about a bike that they have probably never ridden, very funny. Like Vinnie, I too own a 175 that I find to be an amazing bike. After riding it unmodified for a period, I them removed all of the baffles from the silencer, and made the pilot jet change.

While the tone of the exhaust changed, the sound level only barely increased. Still quieter, and less of a bark, than my ridding buddies Montesa 4RT with all of it's restrictors still in place. And yes, it made a noticable improvement in the bikes performance.

The pilot jet change helped with cold start and warm up time. It also smoothed out the idle and low RPM, because the stock jet is way too lean.

I weigh 235 pounds, and the bike will pull me around without problem. Everytime I climb a large hill with it, I just cannot believe that the engine is only 143cc. It's smooth tractable power makes snaking through tight, off-camber, stuff a breeze.

My only complaint is the clutch. Even with the Magura hydraulic unit, the feel is very un-progressive. The lever is like a lightswitch, and takes extreme clutch control to use effectively. Fortunately, a 4-stroke needs less clutch use when ridding. I have just fitted the aftermarket clutch plate and disc kit available from B&J Racing (http://www.bjracing.com/), but have not had the bike out in the sections yet. In the driveway, it feels MUCH improved, but we will have to wait and see.

B&J racing have done a great deal of testing on this engine, created some great aftermarket parts, and are continuing to push the envelope of performance on the bike.

Edited by DGShannon

I would not have described it as a commuter bike - even now where anything smaller than a 650 is seen as a commuter bike.

Hi G4321

I'm not sure how to describe the CB125T but let's face it......the footpegs didn't fold up so you can't really call it a racer???? On the other hand I used to chase 750's on it but had to put my feet on the rear indicaters to get over 150kmh :blink:

11,000km's on mine and it was spraying oil out of every gasket, somehow I think it is unlikely to be a problem with a Scorpa but it does show you can only flog a pony so much after that you need a horse!

BJDownunder

Edited by downunder

Finally got my bike back together yesterday (sy175). Even with the pi**ing down rain, i could not resist taking it out. I was out for about 1.5 hours and it seems to be running spot on now, with no plooms of smoke bilowing out the exhaust. :wall:

I have just fitted the aftermarket clutch plate and disc kit available from B&J Racing (http://www.bjracing.com/), but have not had the bike out in the sections yet.  In the driveway, it feels MUCH improved, but we will have to wait and see.

Finally got out to the sections for some practice time this past Saturday. I have to say that the B&J clutch kit is AWESOME!!! The difference between the stock clutch is like night and day.

The overall range of engagement is still a little narrow, but within that range, the clutch engagement is very progressive now, with great feedback to the rider.

If you have the SY125F or SY175F, then I HIGHLY recommend that you make this modification to your bike.

Edited by DGShannon

Finally got my bike back together yesterday (sy175). Even with the pi**ing down rain, i could not resist taking it out. I was out for about 1.5 hours and it seems to be running spot on now, with no plooms of smoke bilowing out the exhaust. :wall:

As my SY175, plumes blue smoke new bike April. Should I be worried, did you have to something to the motor?

Hey Guys

I will be taking delivery of one of the first two 175's to come to Australia this week. I twill be interesting to see if the ring problem is still a problem. But maybe you guys in UK have just got the 007 version with the smoke screen to stop observers seeing you dab...........damn I'd pay more for that!

BJDownunder

Hey Guys

I will be taking delivery of one of the first two 175's to come to Australia this week. I twill be interesting to see if the ring problem is still a problem. But maybe you guys in UK have just got the 007 version

Nah mate we just got the '06 models ! :wall:

Anybody seen anything about an 06 model. Any chance of a new blue, more shapely mudguard. Also any chance that any of these mods., youre all talking about being might be incorporated into an updated 06 bike?

Did you pay that
Did you have to pay for that or did Birket / Scorpa stand the cost?

Yep :o . Bought the bike from crosser, so Birks said they could not date the bike, so i had to pay. :(

Friggin' 'ell thats a bit rich and it seems a very poor excuse for making you pay ,did you phone SCORPA direct and inform them of the problem !! :wall:;)