Tys125f Mods

james111089

Had my Scorpa for 18 months now, lots of trials, so an experienced viewpoint.

Only mods done:-

1 - Exhaust - definite bottom end improvement (and it sounds sweet)

2 - Bashplate extensions (mine are bolted on, others I have seen are welded) - absolutely invaluable......

3 - 'Easy Clutch' from the states - got the info off here - 90% as good as a hydraulic (I've tried mine as standard, mine modded and a one with a hydraulic conversion) - cost under

James

Wrap the packing around tight, and but some insulating tape around (3 or 4 places, spaced down the packing.)

The tape just burns away leaving the packing.

Its a bit fiddly, just persevere.

Vinnie

I snapped my TY125 rear mudguard early on. Got is plasic welded, and used cable ties in place of the 2 bolts. Fall off and the cable ties snap, not the mudguard. Carry a few cable ties when you ride.

I know the new SY175 guard is more flexible (like the SY250)

hope this explains

cheers

John.

Has anyone tryed orange cdi box from scorpa racing parts.I have one to put on my 175 .It is supposed to increase power a bit.Also was with team Scorpa at WR and Scorpa Mechanic,minder told me clutch unit from scorpa of spain works as good as sy 250 unit.You can see it at there web site.It is not available from Scorpa it is a complete AJP unit. Jim

James

Wrap the packing around tight, and but some insulating tape around (3 or 4 places, spaced down the packing.)

The tape just burns away leaving the packing.

Its a bit fiddly, just persevere.

done the exhaust mod now bike sounds alot better , is there anything to do to the carb?

as there will be less back pressure wont there?

Have you done anything to your carb?

James

James, not a bad price so I guess you won't lose too much in 12 months.

Never did no carb mods to mine and it ran fine, great little bike, nice and light too, used to be able to hop mine around all over the place (except in the sections when it counted :P )

Bottom gear for 95% of the riding.