2014 Montesa?

gooseneck

I think a lot of riders who aren't competing for championships are just keen to get a reliable bike you can just ride and not spend the rest of the week preparing for next weeks trial.

Montesa have been that that bike but being so pricey a few haven't taken the plunge. If Montesa price there bikes along with the other manufacturers I think it's jobs a good un. Folk are saying its not a new bike because it hasn't got a new frame , it does have a new engine though and the Repsol one looks the dogs.

bob on budy, just sold my evo 2010 to go back to a 2002 315, purely for the build, you can swing on the nuts and bolts with out fear of damage, montys will still be turning wheels, when other brands will be packing beans,,,
  • Like 1

Hi

Is it me or is it stupid that Honda UK are making customers use only one of three dealers in the uk?

To me its simple just like all the other bike makes, why limit a customers ability to buy a bike by making them go to either Scotland North Yorkshire or Cornwall when they could go to a local dealer and get the bike from there and the dealers go through these three Main dealers? That way Honda UK are happy as the bikes are going out the dealers will be happy as the stockist are having to go through them allowing them to hit their targets and the customers are happy as they don't have to drive poss stupid miles to get an already expensive bike??

Can anyone shed any light??

Cheers

• Like 1

Hi

Is it me or is it stupid that Honda UK are making customers use only one of three dealers in the uk?

To me its simple just like all the other bike makes, why limit a customers ability to buy a bike by making them go to either Scotland North Yorkshire or Cornwall when they could go to a local dealer and get the bike from there and the dealers go through these three Main dealers? That way Honda UK are happy as the bikes are going out the dealers will be happy as the stockist are having to go through them allowing them to hit their targets and the customers are happy as they don't have to drive poss stupid miles to get an already expensive bike??

Cheers

I think the same, makes no sense to me........................they should have have at least 10 TRIALS dealers, the 2 in England are MX/Enduro dealers...............for a start :wall:

• Like 1

Hi

Cheers

If youve ever walked into a Honda car dealership , it will give you a clue as to why this decision has been made. Honda like standardization. Trained mechanics , dealerships with the correct technology, the same carpet tiles and telephone answering method.

Im sure they would say that their way , offers better service and after sales , which id agree with. It doesnt help with the points you have raised though , which are entirely correct.

Only my personnel opinion, but more often than not, peeps want to buy a bike from a dealer that is pretty local. So they don't have to travel miles to get it, or spares, but it also helps in local economy, employment and taxes etc. Having to drive three to four hours either north or west to collect a bike, is not something you might look forward to, when your local dealer is just an hour down the road!

I am completely baffled by Honda's decisions, but also annoyed. Personaly, I think Honda UK aren't that bothered in selling the Montesa/Honda, which reflects on some of their decisions and maybe they didn't want to sell them, but Honda Europe told them they had to? Which ever way you look at it, they haven't helped the people that matter most, the customers!

Edited by shedracer
  • Like 1

Yes Shed , i know that you mean.

Getting the marketing guys at Honda to depart from the current culture is just too big an ask.

Their company structure and ethos is to regimented.

They definitely want to sell the bikes though. This Honda launch and the sales coming from it are very important to Honda Barcelona. They have put a lot of work into the promotion. Its had more promotion than any other bike i can remember. There are now breakfasts and test days offered with Bou and Fuji in Barcelona . Barcelona are putting every ounce of effort into doing their bit to make it work. Id bet theyd want them in your local dealers.

Yes Shed , i know that you mean.

Getting the marketing guys at Honda to depart from the current culture is just too big an ask.

Their company structure and ethos is to regimented.

They definitely want to sell the bikes though. This Honda launch and the sales coming from it are very important to Honda Barcelona. They have put a lot of work into the promotion. Its had more promotion than any other bike i can remember. There are now breakfasts and test days offered with Bou and Fuji in Barcelona . Barcelona are putting every ounce of effort into doing their bit to make it work. Id bet theyd want them in your local dealers.

Perhaps Bou and Fuji, should come over to the UK then too

Surely the UK is one of, if not the BIGGEST Trials market in the world

Honda UK, have just let the UK Trials market down with this policy.................have they not?

• Like 1

Perhaps Bou and Fuji, should come over to the UK then too

Surely the UK is one of, if not the BIGGEST Trials market in the world

Honda UK, have just let the UK Trials market down with this policy.................have they not?

Agreed, but sadly they probably don't care.