2014 Montesa?

gooseneck

Oooohhh , interesting . What could it be about ? Surely its got to be good news considering they've just released a new bike ?

Is your source reliable ?

Yes and I asked wether it was good or bad news, good was the answer, but he wasn't able to tell me anything until its made public. (He said he didn't know)

http://newsroom.honda.co.uk/News/Montesa-Honda-to-Return-to-UK-With-New-2014-Cota-4RT-Models-d53.aspx

The link above states availability Q3 2013 through selected Honda UK off road dealers and that it will be priced "extremely competitively"

I emailed them today to ask what their plans were for, buying, parts, delivery and price etc for the new bike, after I heard about the Honda dealer situation. (I emailed Craig's last Monday 8th, still waiting for a reply)

Edited by jj65

I think the new bike looks great. I guess the only beef I would have is that I really think the Repsol factory model should have been made a full 300cc bike and as close to a "factory" bike as possible. The current 2stroke factory bikes have alot of upgrades. I really think that if Montesa sold a real 300cc Repsol bike it would be a big seller. People seem to not mind paying extra $$$ for getting a big upgrade.

• Like 3

Have agree Steve, although maybe there should be another model, a Factory Rep RR 300, with Magnesium crankcases, dual map throttle body and a complete Titanium exhaust system. That would satisfy the elite riders, but also, I think others would buy it (at a very competitive price).

One thing I think Honda Montesa should have done, on the Repsol Rep, it should have come with the dual map throttle body, as standard and maybe a Titanium header pipe, would of been nice touch. Most of the other manufacturers, fit them to their Race Reps.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting thread,I've not owned a trials bike for over 20 years but bought a 4RT a few months back for training(I race a GSXR1000) and I think it would be by far the best bike for 95% of riders.

It's simply quality for a start do the routine maintenance and forget about it,most of the other makes seem to be nailed together in Spain in the vain hope they might last a week without snapping in two.

Some of the basic engineering and quality is shockingly bad,I reckon I could weld a frame better than GasGas can and I've never used a welder before.

The suspension is top notch,they've enough power for most people and they hold their value which is enough reason for me to buy one.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Where would that price be advertised then which dealers will stock and when will it be announced officially?

Official uk prices and list of distributors can found at Honda UK!

As johnny said, prices are not as we expected, standard 260 is about 8% cheaper than the last standard one, so why did Honda Montesa say it was going to be 15 to 20% cheaper, its obviously is a big let down for their customers.

I guess a lot who might of been tempted by the 15 to 20% cheaper quote, will now not bother. Personally I think Honda Montesa made a complete balls up of this launch of the new bike. Show the new bike, dangle a big carrot (15 to 20% cheaper) in front of the customers, don't tell them who they can buy the bike from and then kick sand in the face of the customer when they announce the price. The locations of the dealerships/distributors are kind of what might expect, apart from the one in Cornwall. That seems a really odd location to distribute from, surely somewhere in the central south would of made far more sense. I think the marketing executives who are responsible for this mess, wants a bloody big boot up their backsides.

However, that aside, I still love the 4RT, so I personally will still buy one, but I'm sure some will be put of it.

Edited by shedracer
  • Like 2

The off road listing doesn't mention 4rt?

Search facility says nothing about trials or 4rt, can you post a link?

I'm I allowed to post a link to their web site Andy?

Nigel just type in google search, honda uk news room, then select motorcycles. That should do it.

Edited by shedracer