2014 Montesa?

gooseneck

Am I correct in saying there are no montesas in the elite championship class in Spain England Italy and France?

And your point is?

As the guy on blind date used to say - the choice is yours

A new bike every 6 months that revs its self to infinity and allows the kids to pogo back up their own wheel tracks.

As above but slightly better built

A bike that will do 99% of what us mere mortals want from a bike and one you wash and put away knowing next time you want a ride it will be exactly the same as before..

If you don't want one don't buy one, if you do want one then you now have a price differential based upon components not stickers and slightly more up to date than the previous offering.

From a personal point of view I'm glad they haven't just followed fashion and changed things as it makes the older models still valuable.

• Like 1

And your point is?

As the guy on blind date used to say - the choice is yours

A new bike every 6 months that revs its self to infinity and allows the kids to pogo back up their own wheel tracks.

As above but slightly better built

A bike that will do 99% of what us mere mortals want from a bike and one you wash and put away knowing next time you want a ride it will be exactly the same as before..

If you don't want one don't buy one, if you do want one then you now have a price differential based upon components not stickers and slightly more up to date than the previous offering.

From a personal point of view I'm glad they haven't just followed fashion and changed things as it makes the older models still valuable.

So there. :0) well said old boy :0)

Edited by jj65
  • Like 3

I just don't get this my bike is best?

I think that in all the british Italian and French national championships (glen) there are no montesas.

Clearly the experts choice isn't a 4rt. For that matter if I wanted to buy another new one, from whom would I buy one? Clearly the majority agree.or else sandifords and pidcocks would have had enough success to keep going with it.

Its an 8 year old bike and if you like yours fine, but please lets be realistic surely its now worse than when it first came out cos its got cheaper components.

• Like 1

I think that in all the british Italian and French national championships (glen) there are no montesas.

Clearly the experts choice isn't a 4rt. For that matter if I wanted to buy another new one, from whom would I buy one? Clearly the majority agree.or else sandifords and pidcocks would have had enough success to keep going with it.

Its an 8 year old bike and if you like yours fine, but please lets be realistic surely its now worse than when it first came out cos its got cheaper components.

You don't get the point, it's personal choice, it may not flick your switch or many others, but their is a market for it. Thats the great thing about life, we are all differrant and atleast we can make choices, it would be boring if we all rode the same bike.

What many of the 4RT fans I think are saying, it's not that my bike is better than yours, just that they prefer theirs. As 4RT fans, we are happy that Honda Montesa, have brought out an updated model, it may not be a completely new bike, but atleast it's been brought upto date and will do the job just fine, for those that like a fourstroke and their is now a choice of specifications and hopefully a more competitive price.

It's not worse than it was before, there are 2 new models, Montesa have improved a good bike and have now built a cheaper model to be sold at a competitive price, the other a race rep as per before. There is no, my bikes better than yours, you like your bike and I like mine, end of. I like red, you like blue. I like redheads and you like blondes, that's what life is all about, choice and personal preference. The new Mont is competitive as a clubman bike, it is the heaviest bike out now, but I and everyone I know who has one, love them, they are very satisfying to ride. By the way, my understanding is, Sandifords and Pidcocks both lost the franchise because Honda want a Honda dealer to distribute the bike, they both wanted to continue and Sandifords still sell parts. It's not compulsory to like 4rt's :0) but I hope some more people will like them now theres some new bikes. think you'll find people are talking about the new bike, on the Montesa forum, so if your not interested, then don't view it.

So Mr Belair.

The big question on the minds of Montesa lovers in the USA.

Who is going to import these beauties into the USA?

When can one get one and from whom?

Are you wanting one Billy?

These are fair questions and when the time is right you will have your answers.

Until then you can dream of bounding up mighty rocks with your feet firmly planted on the pegs of your trusty 4RT.

Ditto uk, no importer here.

JJ and shed racer ffs read my earlier comment "..if you like yours fine...".

Of course I get personal choice I don't want you to like what I like but please be realistic, there may have been improvements but the glaring similarities as to when it first came out are there for all to see, less some great Showas.

Ditto uk, no importer here.

JJ and shed racer ffs read my earlier comment "..if you like yours fine...".

Of course I get personal choice I don't want you to like what I like but please be realistic, there may have been improvements but the glaring similarities as to when it first came out are there for all to see, less some great Showas.

Honda UK are the UK importers, Craig Motorcycles are the distributors.

Nigel, why do you continue to rabbit on about it being the old bike, we are not disputing that. We know its just an updated version, but if that's what it is, that's what it's, I'm still interested in it and many others are. Under the current global financial climate, Honda Montesa have obviously decided on this course, maybe a brand new bike will appear in a year or two, or maybe never, who knows, only Honda do.

As for riders in the National series, we did have JR and Harry last year (but due to his injury and Pidcocks closing of their Honda dealership) we nolonger have. However with the attention of the revised model, hopefully Craigs Motorcycles will be promoting it and sponsoring riders to do the National championship. Lets wait and see.

The bottom line is how much will they cost, waiting in anticipation.

Anyway get over it and move on, as they say. ;-)

Edited by shedracer