What Route Do You Ride?

james111089

More to the point what routes are available? and why arent all centers using the same terminology!

We have the easy route, clubman route, green course, clubman A, Clubman B, Novice, Intermeadiate, Expert, all within 25 miles from here! :P

More to the point what routes are available? and why arent all centers using the same terminology!

We have the easy route, clubman route, green course, clubman A, Clubman B, Novice, Intermeadiate, Expert, all within 25 miles from here! :P

It baffles me too. We have Youth A, B, C and D, Clubman A and B, Inter, Expert and Masters lines at club trials and while some of the classes double up on the flags and the colours are consistent it still makes for an occasionally confusing technicolour puzzle on the first lap!

Every club does it differently. like in our centre, the beginner route is called 'Sportsman' :D

Also for the Inters, some clubs use diversions off the expert, some say at the beggining of the section 'inters ride exp.', some use orange flags, some use green flags :P i'd hate to be an inter in the CNW centre! :D

Every club does it differently. like in our centre,  the beginner route is called 'Sportsman'  :P

I think a beginner brought that Sportsman class in, so he could stay and "Pot Hunt" in it for the rest of his life. That's the very reason I've been fighting to get it put back to Beginner, and I think have succeeded in our club at least. Its easier than the Novice route - Beginner is a good description. I don't want people hanging around on that route for years, raising the standard for true beginners. Anyone who disagrees????

I still don't really know where Clubman A and Clubman B fit in. You would think that everyone there would fit in to Novice, Inter, Expert?

I'm not knocking it, because I know clubs like Scarborough are thriving on it, just don't know where I'd be supposed to ride if I went up there?

At HDMC, we tend to be a bit more simplified. We have two routes on at each trial, and two classes of trial.

We have Novice & Beginner trials - with the easy route being for the genuine beginner, and the hard route a bit harder than the Clubman route on the 'Club Championship' trials. The Clubman (or easy) route at the Club Championship trials is for the average Joe like me, and the hard route is tough - sort of Centre Championship standard I guess. The likes of James Dabill have honed their skills on the 'Hard' route...

The easy route is always white & yellow, and the hard route always blue & red.

Dead simple. Suits me, as I'm slighty colour blind, and if you start chucking greens and reds all mixed in together I'd have a nightmare!! I occasionally miss red flags when I do N&B Hard Route as it is...

....and I'm sticking to it!!! :P

Cheers

KB.

Edited by Kinky Boots

I always thought it was hard to understand the different names you give to your routes right here. But I know I understand better the problem as routes arent given the same name where ever you ride in Britain... It seems complicated. For those who'd be interested in we have the same routes names everywhere in France. But obviously it would be sometimes easier or harder according the area you're riding in. For example my Dad rides in Brittany the route which is under the one we rode together here in my area as he thinks the route just above is too hard for him thereby.

white --> expert and youth A

blue --> inters and youth B

red --> novice, youth C, sidecars, pre67 solos

yellow --> wobbler, youth D, pre 67 sidecar,

i forget where expert B go at our combine trials (white or red)

obviously not all the above classes run at every trial

eg1 at a wobbler there is a yellow (wobbler) and red (easier than normal novice)

eg2 at our pre67 trial we run red (sidecars and rigid and others) and white (harder)

eg3 at our sidecar trails we ran all four colours on a scale of skill (white - luscombe to yellow beginner)

fundamentally whatever the name / colour me as a southern fairy with no rocks would be totally out my depth in the rock strewn north while you northerners may not know the pleasures of southern mud plugging

rabie :D

i ride the easy route but hopefully shud be moving into the middle route as i wud like to get a bit betta then i am at the minute as i like the harder sections more than the easy sections