Yam Mono Does Not Run As Well As 240 Fantic.

midlife

Is this the way it is or is there something that can be done to make it better.

The yam seems to run fine plenty comp starts 1st 2nd kick pulls well but when i jump onto my 240 it just seems to run better, revs cleaner sharper.

Back in the day only people like John Shirt would get Yams to sound really crisp - and they were.Trouble was although the Fannys sounded great and were crisp out of the crate,(Apart from the first one Mark Kemp of BVM fired up for me back in 1987 - he gave me a different one straightaway...) most people were better off with the flat,soft power of the Yam.

I can remember Triss Ball turning up with a Yam in about 1986 that Shirty had sorted - and he really had.... The suspension was so plush and the motor so crisp but smooth too,I can remember thinking what a dream bike it was.In the right hands I think it would still show up well now.

Sold my TY350 just because it threw my timing off when swapping back to my Fantic,The Fantic always felt like a Nitro burning FunnyCar after playing on the TY for a day. Just couldn't get in the groove with the TY(Don't know how a TY350 relates to a TY250 Mono) I did wonder what the TYMono would've been like with a IT250 engine in it,just never stumbled across a 83 IT.(And don't know if it would have fit,pictures look similar)

(But actually do regret selling it though)