Mokwepa - My Progress :)

is there a fence around the reserve? how do the lions know not to go outside of the reserve to eat people? here in the US we can't even get people to respect boundaries much less the animals.

rob

HAHAHA

Many stories and complaints across the country about "bad neighbors"

The reserve is fenced, but is 186 000 acres. Used to all be farmland and needed to be fenced to keep the peace between the dangerous game and surrounding farmers and villages.

Had a rubbish ride today. My new section is hard. 5ed and 3ed it a bunch of times and just cant clean it.

a bad day riding is better than a good day working, that said. you really want some sections you can't clean if you can you need to make them harder. so you now have one you can work real hard on.

enjoy it, work hard and before you know it you will be trying to figure out how to make it tougher

rob

• Like 1

Hi. Mokwepa!

rob214 is right. Bernie Schrieber said that you shouldn't practice the things you're good at/sections you can clean, but practice what you're having struggles with. Now, ya gotta keep it fun and satisfying; that's why we ride, after all...... I have at my place obstacles that by tightening up the turn before them, I've made them much harder. Some of them I've managed to clean a few times. After I'm tired of practicing various turns & drill that I can't clean, I like to go back & hit the deals I am able to clean, just for fun, and as kind of a "confidence builder", I guess..... I hate ending a riding session frustrated because I wasn't able to clean something I felt I should be able to clean. So, I'll go back and run through a few easier ones, and then sit and think about the hard ones. Sometimes, an answer comes to me that way..... Heck, most of the time I simply get so tired that I can't clean much of anything. The short break helps out on that end of things.....

Keep it up, Mokwepa! You'll conquer it! It ALL takes practice & tenacity.....

Jimmie

Edited by mr neutron

Thanks for the encouraging words. Yesterday I was frustrated so today I just played arround and had some fun.

On the section, I can handle the rock obstacles fine but I just cant keep my balance doing tight turns on the rocks.

Practice, practice I guess...:)

post-18493-0-31716200-1376853649_thumb.jpg

post-18493-0-02295500-1376853701_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Tried a new tactic today on my new course. I rode it in reverse a few times, minus the big rock as I dont have the confidence to go down bigger dropoffs. I also rode sections of it that I battle with and just did loops over those parts in both directions. I tried a few different lines and techniques.

I still cant clear it but im handling certain parts better than before. A start I guess.

My progress is on hold at the moment as im back at work and the bikes at home. No way at getting it here to my training spot. My pickup is in at the dent doctor after hitting a kudu. Should be back up and riding soon.

• Like 1

You hit a Kudu??? Those are pretty "solid" animals, aren't they?

Man, I've dreamed of hunting for those, & you guys can simply run them down with your trucks!! :wacko:

Seriously, we're glad you're alright (you must be if you're posting, I guess), and would imagine that a Kudu can mess up a truck pretty good?

Jimmie

Not sure if this is allowed, apologies if its not and understand if its removed.

Hi guys.

The damage to my pickup was not too bad this time. Last time was allot worse.

Here is a kudu I hunted last year with a handgun. Im a member of the handgun hunters association of south africa. Details are:

Ruger Redhawk 44mag, 7.5" barrel

255gr swc

21gr s265

1293 fps

Distance: 45yards

Animal went down in just under 100yards.

Im learning trials, but I know hunting :D

post-18493-0-95726100-1377317933_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

cool, do you eat those things? nice gun, i've got a kimber .45 6in barrel not for hunting but protection. like was mentioned before about animals not respecting fences.

did you mount the rack? looks like a good trophy.

rob