Mokwepa - My Progress :)

Humans are asymetrical: one boob is almost always larger than the other one too :boobies:

I think I will have to research this to prove whether you are correct or not. I wonder if my hands are considered calibrated measuring devices?? :D

• Like 1

Hi Bruno. Its certainly not a dirty air filter, I clean mine every 2 days. Plug is a month old. My bike was very lean due to a partialy blocked pilot jet. I compensated by moving the c clip down to richen the mixture. After that I figured out about the blocked pilot and cleaned it making the mixture even richer so now I have to slowly lean her out and find the sweet spot.

Ps: you will see when your bike arrives, trials bikes have tiny air filters and need to be cleaned after every outing.

quote: Ps: you will see when your bike arrives, trials bikes have tiny air filters and need to be cleaned after every outing.

unless i ride in a really dusty event i usually clean my filter about twice a year. now that the sherco breathes from up top i just pop the cover have look and go out and ride.

plugs once a year gear oil twice a year. look for loose anything whenever i wash it.

trials bikes are great for lazy people hardly anything to do on them maintenance wise.

i usually keep a bike for 2 to 6 years and ride about 3 hours a week average. also lube everything before going out to ride or after each wash.

rob

Hi rob

Twice a year? Im pedantic about air filters. I live in a very dust enviroment and if I ride for more than 3 days, my airfilter looks like a well used coffee filter.

I give my bike a thorough wash once a week. Clean filter every second day. Use a general spray lube (q20) to lube chain, rear break lever, both leavers and kick start (just in case). Still figuring out how often to do oil.

Everything depends on usage i guess... My enduro is washed every time i use it (otherwise it isnt allowed inside the warehouse) Air filter is washed (foamy element) and oil sprayed in chain and movements withouth shielding... Riding in a rocky envyroment it would be any trouble to leave the air filter alone maybe 10 rides or more... But over here, its dustland :D

Now a technical question for you guys...........

A tough one to answer i know, but do you guys try to keep the speed up or do things as slow and precise as possible?

eg: i have 2 big logs spaced out so the bike would stand on top of them, frt on second log, back on first log. I started out trying to get over both by placing the front on the first, pausing, then doing a weelie over it and hoping the back over the first and landing with the front on the second, pausing, then weeling over the second. This way works but my timing and break control had to be perfect and i failed it more that cleared it.

Technique 2: weelied over both of them with more throttle and more aggression and just did the loose legs thing to allow the back to ride over the first and then the second. I was more successful, more often doing it this way.

So do you attack obstacles with more aggression or slow and precise?

Obstacles like you describe: 2 logs spaced wheel base apart.

both techniques work, but the wheelie and more throttle/aggressive works better on average to small logs with lots of run out after the logs.

But bigger logs with a tight turn directly after would require more precision. Possibly even more throttle but a more precise control of it.

Hope that makes sense.

• Like 1

I rearranged my logs today. Nothing fancy buy its teaching me a bit of control and to be a little more precise. Im still a bit wobbly on the balancing. This was the better attempt and it took a few goes.

Im definately spending more time on the pegs now that im just messing arround and having a bit more fun.

you got through ok, like you say a bit wobbly.

my advice, don't try and hop so much, work on the basics as much as you can. in reality you could make that without any hops at all. (maybe hops (beer) for zippy). it will also make your balance on the bike stronger. instead of hopping you could just as easily have turned an gone over the log. lots less energy and better turning technique.

the better you get and the more techniques you can do the easier it all becomes but all advanced moves are based on the BASICS.

rob

• Like 2