Colorado Resupply

ivsforever

please contact me direct, or via FB..im the one putting this together..have a meeting tomorrow with Fema, using my EMT cert, to get us in...we can go places,,no other machine or critter can...Advance level or higher...we dont need to be rescuing rescures..

this is a very rocky and hard area, lots of rocks and deadfalls, in dark timber, steep grades..

we will be delivering water, food, meds, ect, to over 400 people that are cut off from roads from wash out roads..

• Like 2

Good idea to help out those that are in need.

will the supplies be primarily transported via backpack? or are there ideas for "higher volume" options?

Quite a bit of Meds can fit in a backpack, but curious about larger items such as bottled water, food etc.

Maybe this will be the start of a new way to get emergency supplies to other remote places in future disasters, etc..

idea was givin to me by a local AM talk radio station...callers couldnt get meds, water, food, and other things to over 400 people that have been cut off from the roads ect, that didnt want to get air lifted out.

Fema gave them a one way trip..once you leave the house..they dont let you back in..

as it stands right now..i have 8 to 10 upper level riders myself included, {EMT} .. that are welling to ride in the harsh areas by Lyons, upper left hand canyon. and Storm mountain.. and deliver what ever we can carry in a large back pack..we are on hold until the ground dries out a bit more per Fema...

we get to help and give the sport a good name, and in return...we get to ride virgin rocks and logs...

Edited by chuckindenver
  • Like 5

an update on our offer to help families that were cut off from the flash floods..

i spent a day offering help...DOW, FS, ect, all thought is was a great idea, was told that the roads were closed...i said...we dont need roads..your not getting it...i messeged the Sherrif of that county..his lack of responce to it...when he responded to every other one from other people. tells me...alot...thanks to all those who jumped up and offered time, gas, and a motorcycle so that others may have water, food, meds ect... seems Boulder cant past what they think of Dirt bikes to get free help...

• Like 1

I am just thinking about all the wasted time over the last few days, you guys already could have delivered many supplies if they would have just handed them to the guys with bikes and helmets. The supply providers would just have to load back packs and point "Go that way".......................

• Like 2

an update on our offer to help families that were cut off from the flash floods..

i spent a day offering help...DOW, FS, ect, all thought is was a great idea, was told that the roads were closed...i said...we dont need roads..your not getting it...i messeged the Sherrif of that county..his lack of responce to it...when he responded to every other one from other people. tells me...alot...thanks to all those who jumped up and offered time, gas, and a motorcycle so that others may have water, food, meds ect... seems Boulder cant past what they think of Dirt bikes to get free help...

Since when are government workers expected to make commonsense decisions.........rarely happens.

Problem is, Tax Payers keep dumping pay checks in their laps so all motivation goes out the window.

• Like 1

funny...they sure welcomed cash...but not labor.. we have become the land of free handouts..

an observation.

on the news. i noticed several over weight men on ATVs hauling things over a small bridge that took them 3 days to build...

by the way they handled said ATVs it didnt look like they have much skill level..

so..

its ok to have Bubba on an ATV with little or no skill level to haul supplies, part of the way..

but its not ok to have some of the most skilled riders on the planet haul supplies right to the people that need it...and no bridge would have been needed. roads or trails would have not been needed..

this is one of the reasons our country is hurting... Captian obvious needs to save the planet.

personally i belive that the ATV was made for people that cant ride a motorcycle...just sayin

• Like 2

I belong to a Search and Rescue Team in Southern Washington. The team is a ground search team that uses people as ground pounders, walking through the forest looking tracks and signs.

I was pretty active for a few years and kept trying to tell my team I could easily ride my trials bike on these trails to accomplish the same mission. Many of our trails are single track that a quad could not access. A hasty search is when you send a small group down a trail looking for signs of the missing hiker, hunter, mushroom picker. I could SAFELY & EFFECTIVELY cover that trail on my trials bike in in a fraction of the time, even at night. (most searches start at night when the overdue person has not returned to their car.)

BUT, get this..... being an exclusive foot trail only .... the search and rescue group would be issued a citation from the state or the federal government for using a motorized vehicle on the hiking trail, yes even if it was a life or death situation.

SAR teams are primarily all volunteer and have to furnish all of their own equipment that can run into high dollars , plus pay for gas to get to the search site. Yeah they want to help people but not at the cost of getting fined. I have feet issues with long distance hiking so my ground pounding days are over.

County Sheriff Departments who are usually responsible for the volunteer SAR teams are caught in the middle. They would like to send qualified volunteers to help but they also have to follow the STATE rules and SAR teams must have the proper training and certifications to be sent on a official Mission Call Outs or the Sheriff Dept. is responsible and liable for their safety. Like someone said they don't want to rescue the rescuer.

Each Mission is assigned a Mission # filed with the State. That way local county governments are able to get some reimbursement for costs they incur. Most often the people they are searching for are not even residents of the county but tourists or out of area people.

Oh I forgot , same going for Federal and State Wilderness areas, no use of motorized vehicles to ground search. Helicopters ok as long as they don't land on the ground.

Edited by sideup
  • Like 1